Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to my dealer today and signed on for a Majesty 400! :eek: I hope I don't get banned from this site :wink: . My wife and I felt that the Majesty just fit us better than the Burger 400. We also both felt that it was "sportier" looking. Compared to the burger, it has a plainness about it that appealed to us. I like the fact that the rear of the bike lines up with the back tire. The burger's trunk extends over the rear tire a bit. Still, all and all, it was a very tough decision. For example, the Majesty doesn't have the capability of charging a cell phone (not that big a deal for us). It doesn't come with the rear passenger backrest (that's OK, if we feel one is necessary, we'll order from Yamaha). As I sat on the machine, moved it back and forth and rocked it side to side (as we were taught to do in the MSF class), it felt just right!

There was an 05 Burger on the floor. What a machine that is! Absolutely beautiful. Seems like a tank compared to the Majesty. However, at this stage, it's just to big and heavy for us (not to mention more expensive).

I should be picking up the bike, weather permitting, a week from this Saturday. I am very excited. As soon as I ride, I will give you my impressions.

Finally, I'd like to thank all of you for the super-valuable posts. As I've said before, this is the best web site, regardless of topic, on the internet. Talk to you soon.

-Willy :wink:

·
Registered
497 Posts
Cool!! I like the Majesty also... mostly for its blue color.
Today I went to a local dealership to see if they had at last received an '05 Burgman, and they had in fact gotten in a silver model just then. It was still being put together and did not yet have the paper work ready to put it on the floor. Nevertheless, I asked to go back to the garage to inspect it. It was beautiful! And, Comfortable! And, more than I expected!
...the salesman however was lacking....he was the new guy... i had to explain to him what sort of contraption the vehicle was, and its features, and how it worked....somewhere along the way I lost him....he must have wandered off....I couldn't find him!!!
I had cash in hand, all he had to do was say:"So, you wanna buy it?"
I would have said "YES! Here's the money! Give me the Keys!"
....but he was no where to be found, so I left the store and went to check the competition. They didn't have one yet. So I called another dealer about an '04 Silverwing. They wanted full MRSP..."Oh Come ON! It's last years model...and you still haven't moved it. Won't you haggle, dicker, barter or come to terms with a spit and a hand shake?" Nope.
oh well,...but, good for you and your Majesty.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Congratulations on the new Majesty Willy. Even though you don't ride a Burgman, we'd still like to hear from ya. :)

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Yamaha has the only deaership in my town, so the Majesty was the first scooter I looked at and rode. I loved the look of it. Took two test rides, and both times was a little dissapointed by the takeoff. My old Honda 250 elite scooter had been quicker off the blocks. Of course once in it's power range it would keep up with any traffic where my Honda wouldn't always.

So congrats on your purchase. I needed more oomph, and found it in the Burgman 650. I know you'll be happy though. The Majesty looks like a great product.

Dave B.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Hey Willy Mo, congratulations on your new Majesty! :)

Most of us have owned various kinds of bikes in the past from the different manufacturers. We are a band of brothers & sisters who love motorcycles regardless of make or style, so stick around the forum - you'll always be welcomed here.

Enjoy your new bike and enjoy life to the fullest! 8)

Ride on!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks again!

I have no intentions of abandoning this forum. To useful to let go of and, I enjoy all of your cyber company!

-Willy :lol: :wav:

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Nice machine.
I sat on one at the Jan.7th Toronto show.
Enjoy the freedom! :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hey Willy, Congrats on the Majasty I wish you many happy riding smiles. By the way, the great guys and gals on this forum haven't kicked me out yet, and I own two honda's. I, like you, think this is as good a forum as I have seen. If it's tech. info you need or general discussion or comedy its all here.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I finally did it!

Congratulations Willy!

I think it's great you and your wife decided on the scooter that fit the two of you best.You certainly weren't short on information due to the forum and you were able to base your decision (wisely) on fit.
Regarding the Majesty, I visited a dealer while in FLA last November and checked it out. Wasn't able to get a test ride--only got to sit on it. Seems like a decent scoot. The salesman said he can't keep maxiscoots (new or used) in stock, they are selling so fast. He asked me what I would take for the burgie sight unseen! It was parked where he couldn't see it. I rode away happy even though it's fun to compare rides. You never know.

Burgwoman400 USA
Michigan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts