Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it was bound to happen sooner or later. I dropped my 650 this morning doing a slow U turn that took me into some soft sand. She went down on her left side and suffered some road rash on the mirror and front fairing. What really surprised me was how heavy the scooter is to pick back up. I backed up to the seat, held the left hand brake lever on and just kept pushing with my legs and backing up until it was vertical again.
I really think it was easier to pick up my Gold Wing. Has anyone found an easier method of doing this?

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Sorry to hear about your drop , but I'm glad it was slow speed and you suffered no injuries. I've never attempted picking up a Burgman yet.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Picking up the 650 as you describes sounds like the most efficient and safe way to do it. Other than getting 500 lb gorilla to assist I think you have your self covered here. Hope its just your pride that was hurt and not lots of plastic and body parts.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Sorry to hear of the drop.... unfortunately i did the same yesterday. I was stopped trying to turn left and had a big SUV in the oncoming lane wanting to turn to his left. I didn't have a good view around it and thought it was clear.....but just as soon as I started to pull out a car swung around. I pulled back on the brakes and the bike went down so fast all I could do was jump off. I think it was from pure adrenlin (The type caused by embarassment) , but I walked over to the bike grabbed the handlebars and lifted. Up it came. If it was physically possible I would have kicked myself in the A#S......now I need touch up paint. I guess i need to be thankful tho....If I had gunned it, I would have been part of the grill

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Gino said:
I backed up to the seat, held the left hand brake lever on and just kept pushing with my legs and backing up until it was vertical again....Has anyone found an easier method of doing this?
From talking to other owners, and doing some experimenting on my own, that seems to be the most efficient way to do it.

The only thing I'd add is to always set the parking brake if you can get to the handle. That way you don't have to worry as much about your grip on the brake levers. That's a point often ignored, since most "regular" bikes don't have P-brakes.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Touch up paint

As a follow up to droping my 650 I did some research on buying some touch up paint. My local dealer refered me to http://www.color-rite. com
Their website lists each bike and color and several options as to the type of touch up applications available. I'm not sure which is the best way to go, brush, pen or aerosol. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts