Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

Registered
wearing masks stops you from spreading to other people by keeping your breath close to you,,,,, don't forget, the virus has been found in a fart, so wear good skivvies too!
A mask is, let's say 1 layer of a woven fabric. It may be multiple layers, but it is one layer when you consider the layers as a unit. Much the same way clothes are.

So in the case of a mask, we're wearing 1 layer. However, I and probably most people wear 2 layers around their hiney. Underwear and pants. Since we're wearing 2 layers around our hiney, do those 2 layers prevent one from spreading their flatulent stink to other people?

I think not. Not by a long shot. I'm proud to stay, with 2 layers covering my Shrek hiney, it's possible that I can stink out a whole bunch of people around me. Sometimes at a very impressive distance.

So, what ... fart particles come through 2 layers and have access to microscopic Gulfstream V jets, and can fly long distances up peoples' noses 10 feet away? But if I am an asymptomatic covid carrier, covid particles come through my 1 layer mask and then have no way of going anywhere? Or get trapped by the mask and then cease to exist? Preposterous!

If it's my time, it's my time. I'll leave this cold rock that I'm just visiting. I have qualified to be with my maker so my worry is low. I'm only worried about leaving it before my sons are independent, and possibly having a pain filled transition to the end of my visiting status. Now if I were going someplace else, I would be more worried I guess.

I have a feeling that you folks have never read the down to earth logic of a real GENIUS before, have you? 馃榿 You're welcome. ;) P.S. - I jest of course. I'm smart enough to know that I'm no genius.

Premium Member
I have a feeling that you folks have never read the down to earth logic of a real GENIUS before, have you? 馃榿 You're welcome. ;) P.S. - I jest of course. I'm smart enough to know that I'm no genius.
It's nice to finally have company

Reactions: ducati14

Premium Member

Registered
I don't wear glasses often. I wear them in the car when I think about it. They make the far off signs a skosh clearer. But the times I've put them on with my life saving mask on, my glasses get steamed up when I exhale. Now, what does that tell me? And what does that tell everyone else? Should be the same thing, but I doubt it.

It tells me, that when I exhale (it fogs the same way nose or mouth) that a portion, maybe the majority of my breath goes UP. And around the mask edges and out vertically. And that's how it steams up my glasses. Without my glasses on, it continues some distance in a vertical direction. What then? I say, it spreads, to wherever the airflow takes it.

When I inhale, my glasses clear. Why? Because the air I inhale comes from above the mask. I would imagine this happens to most spectacle wearers. Do I really believe these masks are doing anything? Heck no. But it makes the sheep feel better, and I'm required to pander to them.

Registered
Discussion Starter #49
around the world people wear masks. the usa have some weird behaviors. its not supposed to filter in or out ALL the particles that are harmful. its supposed to slow them down from going straight out in front of you and keep it to your area.

we cant make a sterlie environment so you need to try and reduce from it flying all over. sheesh..only in the US these crazy things happen. shooting someone for asking them not to come into a store without a mask.

man this anti mask thing is the stupidest shite ive ever seen from any country. and you guys some bad ones like ufo bigfoot antivaccines aliens ghosts flat earth etc etc etc etc. this no mask thing is #1
you win that prize with no challengers. 鈾 鈾 "youre the best around, nothings ever going to keep you down"鈾 鈾 -except c19

bolsonaro is on the out. fingers crossed. he creped on his public. you get what you give.

Premium Member
Reactions: Rusty J

Registered
That video is awesome. Masks are awesome. Maybe someone should invent a fart mask to slow them down too. 馃榿

Premium Member

Having sex with the neighbors wife didn鈥檛 make it on this list 馃槺

Registered
If we're going to compare a virus to farts....the mask is to stop particles and droplets. If there are particles and droplets emitted with a fart, the layers of clothing will indeed prevent that from being ejected I to the air.

Reactions: ducati14

Premium Member
When you get our age ......Never Trust a Fart To Be Just a Fart !

Administrator
That video is awesome. Masks are awesome. Maybe someone should invent a fart mask to slow them down too. 馃榿
Think wearing a mask stinks? A chemistry professor answered online queries about why jeans cannot stop the smell of a fart, but an N95 mask can prevent the spread of the coronavirus
  • "If a fart can make it through jeans, how can a cloth mask save you from coronavirus?"
  • Chemistry college professor has answered it on Twitter, Professor Trevor Makal PhD said an N95 mask can block particles as small as 300 nanometers (nm) at 95%
  • Molecules in farts are just 0.4 nm, where viruses range from 20 up to 400 nm .
As the air moves past the nasal turbinate, it reaches the olfactory epithelium, a postage stamp-size region on the roof of the nasal cavity that contains millions of olfactory receptor neurons. These receptors are stimulated by odor molecules, and signal the olfactory bulb situated underneath the front of the brain via the olfactory nerve. Your brain uses this information to interpret odors. In all, humans can identify about 10,000 different scents. Even so, each individual will interpret an odor differently, even when smelling the same thing at the same time.

But what if your nose detects the scent of a something less-than-pleasant, such as a fart? Are you actually inhaling poop molecules when you smell farts? Smells register in our noses when microscopic molecules are emitted by the things around us, which includes everything from brewed coffee and fresh-cut flowers to, yes, a public toilet recently vacated by someone with digestive issues.

Registered
Discussion Starter #56 (Edited)
was looking at the numbers on worldofmeters. lockdown slowly reduced the amount of newly infected consistently. the they opened. new resurgence of infected so much higher, but deaths are down, but if you look ath the end of new deaths, youll see it has an edge lip coming up. this lip will go very high soon and is a delay for the high infected spike of reopening.
wow, looks like s tsunsmi coming]

hasnt all mass pandemics had more deadlier outcomes. sorry took some sleeping medicine and my hands just arent working well now

Premium Member
Now we need a fart video

Registered
But what if your nose detects the scent of a something less-than-pleasant, such as a fart? Are you actually inhaling poop molecules when you smell farts?
That made me chuckle. Because that's what I have always envisioned.

While I believe the whole nano sized particle blather, to me the issue is, these masks are NOT secured to your face to the point that anywhere near 100% of the air you inhale or exhale pass through the mask. It goes around. I'm wearing an M95 mask. And when I apply my spectacles, they fog when I exhale, and clear when I inhale. I'm pretty sure a covid molecule will find the "hidden entrance" around these silly masks.

However, there could be some covid molecules that would vote democrat if they could, and get to the mask and say, "oh well, don't worry about it, let the republican covid germs do the work to go around and get in. Let's go get a happy meal, eat it and then demand a refund, and burn the place down if they don't give us what we want."

41 - 58 of 58 Posts