Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The numbers are rising much higher than in march. Didnt some say there will be a 2nd wave in the fall/winter but I see its crazy high now.
Is it now considered a 2nd wave because the numbers never came down enough.
I see the numbers and im panicking and I dont even live there.
By the numbers i see not many really care

I read some articles why people are so anti masks and it said many men feel its emasculating. How the hell is a mask emasculating if surgeons wear them. And surgeons are the shet. They are dam heros. Theyre 100% men.

I felt weird about wearing a mask at first because it felt weird but never felt emasculated

From all this covid stress and stress in general the last few months I have bad issues with cloudy vision. How are all some of you doing?

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Hanging in here. Fortunately, my immediate family doesn't need to go out for much.

As someone put it, "I never expected that the one thing I really needed to learn from Kindergarten was how to avoid getting cooties on me!"

Masks? Heck, if I could get one of my old MCU-2/P (chemical warfare) masks back, I'd use it. Probably cobble together some kind of filter on the exit valve too, in case I was asymptomatic. It'd be extreme overkill, of course.

·
Premium Member
3,081 Posts
Kudos for remembering cooties !

Reactions: s-steel and Rusty J

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I changed my mask. Now I just use a n95 white mask. it sits snug. I carry extras in my bags and hip pouch.
I think anything on the face to stop ones breath from projecting forward in front, to stay more in your own area is fine. they should have mandated masks a long time ago.
more effective or less..it doesnt matter. wear a tshirt on your face. were not making processors or sterile products. we just need to lessen the spread of our breath.

beaches parks should not have been opened till its over. what can you. suffer by not going or die.
saw pics of your mask. thats intense. do what you need to do. theres no such things as being too cautious. so many people dont care that you need to protect yourself and family

people are quick to whip out a gun to protect their family but a mask? "eh, it wont get me"
quite worried for y'all.my heart is with the US. I lived there for many years

I heard nevada is also on the up. @Uncle Fester is from las vegas. look out for yourself buddy.

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
Don’t forget to take time off Steel, nice food and something to spoil yourself.

You are right about the first wave not being over and the masks - it isn’t logical, but if you try to figure it out can get stuck on it and it plays on your mind. For some people it won’t be real until it reaches their family and friends, even then some will not take advice but more will. It’s just how the world is.

I’m concerned about family and friends over there, but only concerned. I can’t change it but there are lots of things around me that need attention.
My elderly mother listed all the people she knew on their own who might be lonely and made them a greetings card by hand to cheap them up. Now she can’t move for people responding and it’s changed her outlook. She ended up feeling better herself.

You are doing your bit, that’s a good thing

·
Premium Member
3,081 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For some people it won’t be real until it reaches their family and friends, even then some will not take advice but more will. It’s just how the world is.
this is it exactly. I say, you know what? screw the public. piss on them and dont care, but dont you care that might take it home to your family and friends. how would you feel if someone caught it and possibly died?

no one who tested for c19 said, yea, I knew I got it. they all were shocked or panicked. it can happen quickly and you wouldnt know from who. loosing work from isolation, and possibly die and what will you do if you live with other people? some people dont have a place to isolate. worrying about food etc.

the scariest thing for me is the idea to have someone keep me alive being pronated with tubes inside me. I would have to be completely sedated all the time. I cant even sleep at night without lights turned on and I use an app for nature sounds or I get massive panic attacks.

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
I’m pretty sure they sedate everybody, no matter how tough they are.

There are frail and vulnerable people who sailed through with just a headache tablet, so being vulnerable doesn’t mean it’s definitely going to be a problem.
If I felt like that I’d talk to loved ones, have a good grumble but then chat about normal stuff.

Maybe see if the health service are offering anything for people who are finding it all a bit much, my relatives here have been doing that work and a lot of people feel the same as you.
If all else fail, wash The bike again :) (or tell us a project on it and we’ll pester you until it’s done

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I cant fall asleep to different sounds. it has to be a consistent sound. I take zopiclone 7.5mg. sometimes twice a day. and sleep only 3 hours each time. the sound of a stream and light wind is best. its consistent sound. it took a long time for me to take sleeping pill like these that really put you in a strong tunnel vision. being "forced" to be knocked out took a long time. I crushed a tab then took just a small amount every day. building up. it shuts you down and I felt like I couldnt breathe

I dont have an issue trusting the doctors to care for me when im out. theyre awesome. such admiration and respect to them. but my panic attacks would go berzerk and overload and theyd really have to knock me out and hopefully they can do that without me knowing because otherwise I would hyperventilate and get very aggressive if anyone came near me. like in the movie with thor in the hospital when he was banned by odin.

cr()p im so nervous for the people in the us. uk is in the right direction and I think have more discipline.
man I hope some people can come to their senses and not "who gives a ****"

·
Premium Member
3,081 Posts
The reason the numbers are spiking is they are using Contact Tracing .....If you tested positive then every phone that your phone came in contact with they are counting its owner.

The Contact Tracing app was a system update ....no you didn’t down load and install it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
On Long Island in New York we are doing better than we have the past three months. We are getting ready to go into phase 4 of re-opening. I saw some stupidity online about students in Alabama who are having Covid 19 parties. They throw a party and purposely invite people who are infected. They put money into a pot and whoever gets it first gets the money. That's the most stupidest thing I have ever heard. I know people who have had it and one died from it. I wear my mask in public if I have to go to the store for something I forgot. I do my grocery shopping on Instacart. I see all these people in large groups without masks and it pisses me off. Along with the people that think this is fake. Now it's the younger people that are getting it and they will give it to their elderly family members. New York's governor was threatening to shut down NYC and the Hamptons because they aren't adhering to the guideline, mostly the bars and restaurants. The county I live in on Long Island hasn't had a Covid death in 2 weeks and we were a major hot spot for the majority of March to June and we want to keep it that way. But a lot people just don't care about anyone but themselves around here.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes. Whats this deal with people thinking its fake and dont believe in it.

Like its a media hyped up thing. Because no one close to you died from it, so its fake?

So rhe governments were bored or play a worldwide prank and did lockdowns so people will be unemployed and bankruptcies for the hell of it.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Yes. Whats this deal with people thinking its fake and dont believe in it.

Like its a media hyped up thing. Because no one close to you died from it, so its fake?

So rhe governments were bored or play a worldwide prank and did lockdowns so people will be unemployed and bankruptcies for the hell of it.
Motivated reasoning.

Think of everything it means if it's real:
  • You can't hang out with your friends
  • You have to stay home unless necessary
  • You're going to lose your job
  • You'll probably be homeless when the money runs out and there wasn't much to start with
  • If you run a company, it's going to shut down and you'll lose money, maybe go bankrupt
  • You'll have to rely on government money to get through, and that gives them power over you
  • Government nerds not only can tell you what to do, but they're right, dammit.
And keep in mind that they not only don't think that government should be doing anything other than national defense and keeping bad guys from doing bad things, but that it CAN'T. Further, government isn't "people we've elected to serve us, and the people they hired to do it", but instead a disconnected thing that just does things to people to screw with them. So, if it looks like they really are helping, there's some sneaky power-trip reason they're really doing it.

There are reasons for that mindset. Some of them are kind of good points, but they're wrong about why they're good points.

The bottom line is that if it's real, there's a threat out there that you can't stop by being tough, and it's going to trash the world as you know it. And dealing with it means doing what you're told, by people who you've been led to believe don't have your best interests in mind, and aren't any smarter than you.

So it's either obey people without your level of common sense who are trying to screw you over, or it's a hoax. One of them is a much easier path.

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
Pseudo-science copies the practice of listing sources in order to trick the reader into thinking they are looking at something genuinely academic.
Just mimicry,

In science the sources would be validated and peer reviewed.
this has Candace Owen

Spreading this rubbish is going to kill people.
Thats a big responsibility.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
And this is all part of throwing everything against the wall and hoping some of it sticks.
Some people will believe it's a hoax.
Or maybe just a severe flu.
Or the vaccine development is some kind of trick to get everyone microchipped.
Or it was a biological warfare experiment gone wrong.
Or maybe a deliberate attack.

Doesn't matter which, or that to some extent they contradict each other. The point is to have an excuse -- any excuse.

Because 130,000 Americans are dead, and many more will have long-lasting damage. And it could have been stopped, and there's no good answer to that.

·
Premium Member
3,081 Posts
And this is all part of throwing everything against the wall and hoping some of it sticks.
Some people will believe it's a hoax.
Or maybe just a severe flu.
Or the vaccine development is some kind of trick to get everyone microchipped.
Or it was a biological warfare experiment gone wrong.
Or maybe a deliberate attack.

Doesn't matter which, or that to some extent they contradict each other. The point is to have an excuse -- any excuse.

Because 130,000 Americans are dead, and many more will have long-lasting damage. And it could have been stopped, and there's no good answer to that.
130k from all sorts of illness .....is a far cry from the millions that were preached in the beginning that caused National Lock Down and the transfer of Trillions $ to the Good Ol’ Boy Network.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
All sorts of illness. Riiiiight.

How COVID-19 Deaths Are Counted (Scientific American, May 19, 2020)
The reality is that assigning a cause of death is not always straightforward, even pre-pandemic, and a patchwork of local rules and regulations makes getting valid national data challenging. However, data on excess deaths in the United States over the past several months suggest that COVID-19 deaths are probably being undercounted rather than overcounted.
Basically, if it's not SARS-CoV-2, then there's something else out there killing people that started at the same time as the pandemic and is doing so at a rate that somehow just happens to track testing rates. That's creepy! It's also nonsense.

And the millions were the deaths that would have happened if we did nothing. It's kind of hard to see deaths that didn't happen, and easy to argue that they wouldn't have happened. Exponential growth is a b!tch, and not intuitively obvious.

Assuming 80% infection rate (at which point herd immunity would be established, if immunity is actually persistent) and 0.5% infection fatality rate, that's 1.32 million dead Americans. Is that "millions"? It's close enough for government work.

·
Premium Member
3,081 Posts
1 - 20 of 58 Posts