Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First shopping run on the BB today.

Even though I had one helmet in the trunk, and a duffel over the saet, I needed to know if two bags of groceries would fit into the boot.

Not bad, even with the Shoei in the boot I got two bags of groceries in the BB, and I didnt even crush the strawberries..

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
I've had a case of pop, 3 quarts of milk and 2 bags of groceries in one trip. The funny thing was just last week I went to the dealer and picked up a case of oil and 2 filters along with the wrench for the filters. I put all that under the seat as they watched , then placed my helmet in there, with room to spare, closed the seat and headed on over to the other side to look at gloves. They were all in disbelief that I had all that stuff in there. It's great isnt it!!!!!

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
I have fit three 12 can cases of pop under the seat on my 650. That was in my garage - just to see what it would hold. But on and actual grocery run, I rode it home with two (12 can) cases of pop and several plastic grocery bags under the seat. It handled fine because all that weight was down low and in the center of the machine.

Now I regularly carry a bunch of stuff under the seat (rain suit, extra tools, tire repair kit, air pump, electric vest & gloves, etc.), so I couldn't do that anymore unless I unloaded some of that stuff at home. I also have a Givi E52 tail trunk, but I use that to stash my XXL helmet, jacket, gloves, etc. when I am off the bike - I wouldn't carry anything heavy that far back and that high.

I also have a hump bag, but I haven't had to use it yet. I'm sure it will come in handy when I go touring though.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Since I trust all of you on this site, I feel secure in telling you that I am a professional hit man. I put the body of my last mark under the seat with room to spare. however, I needed my E52 to store my helmet.

Eddie

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cat in trunk

Edwljoseph said:
Since I trust all of you on this site, I feel secure in telling you that I am a professional hit man. I put the body of my last mark under the seat with room to spare. however, I needed my E52 to store my helmet.

Eddie
I tried to put cat Charlie in trunk, he wouldnt go fer it...I wonder why.

Another biker friend , R750 Rider, said, ' hey, ya dont need feet to ride this thing".

I said, ' no once yer going down the road, its the stops that get the footless".

·
Registered
61 Posts
A Word of Caution

I often carried groceries in the trunk, until a milK jug leaked one day and I didn't notice. The next time I popped the seat-total trunk funk. I damp sponged and orange sprayed for a week, then used linen scented lysol several times before I could stand to use the thing. Also, opening the trunk in the sunlight for a while. Two months later, somebody using my bike (female) left a box of quesidillas under the seat. Oh well.

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
I went to El Pollo Loco, mexican chicken fast food joint. I got a family meal, 10 pc with 3 sides and flour shells. I walked out to the parking lot with the two large bags, helmet, and wearing my armored jacket. People turned and watched me from the front door to see where I was going. They seemed amazed as I popped the trunk and loaded the contents into the Burg and shut the lid.
-Bryan :D

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
trunk liquid load

I treid to place a large starbucks in the trunk, propped up sort of.. Even before going far I checked, OHOH !

My coffee ws sitting in the trunk, lake Burgman.

What to do , I went back into starbucks and got a straw, enough said.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts