Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had the bike 1.5 years now.
Last year I added a piece of 1/8 inch Lexan in an attempt to extend it.
Result- less wind on my face but more buffeting of the screen.

Now I cut the "wings" off and cut the top down about an inch. Thus also cutting off the parts where I had drilled holes to mount the previous extension.

Result- much less wiggling of the screen. But more air on my face. BUT most MC don't have screens anyway. Still keeps wind off most of me.

Probably will live with this. :)

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh- I freehanded the cut line, used a really fine wood blade in my Skilsaw (jigsaw), cut slowly, finish with a little sanding.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I thought about cutting down my Givi screen but got used to it. The only time it bothers me is at night with rain. The light reflecting of both the helmet and windscreen is like a caliedoscope (sp) and a million prizms at the same time.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Im 6'4" and i hate that the wind that is deflected is directid right at my helmet/upper chest.

if i raise up on the pegs on the highway it all goes away so this sounds very promising.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
I cut down my first screen with a skill/jig saw (not on a Burgman).
It worked well using that blue painters tape to protect it while cutting.
A little orbital sander on the cut edge and amazingly it looks professional.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
You should have tried what I did: Cutting two 2"-diameter holes in the bottom part of the screen, their upper edge below the upper edge of the instrument cluster.
It worked great on a tall Givi screen with the swirl part cut off.

I rode the Burgman without screen 10 miles to winter storage in 4 deg C /40 F in November, and while I enjoyed the lack of turbulence around my helmet, it was bloody cold and the pressure on my chest was unpleasant.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Im 6'4" and i hate that the wind that is deflected is directid right at my helmet/upper chest.

if i raise up on the pegs on the highway it all goes away so this sounds very promising.
Have you ever tried RainX? Be aware it can be hard to remove if you don't like it but it does make the rain almost fly off anything its been applied to. I use it on both of my cars. Not sure if its safe for Lexan material and haven't tried it on my scooter. At night in the rain if there are no overhead lights around its like there is no rain on the windshield. It causes the rain to bead up and slide off the windshield. Since I don't ride in the rain if I can avoid it - and seldom ride at night I don't see a need for it on my scooter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts