Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a new bike around a year ago. I don't ride that much. I have cancer and some days I really don't feel strong enough to do it. In July my wife and I went to the States for a 2 month vacation. Visited friends all up and down the east coast. I just couldn't believe Florida with all of the disregard for safety. You talk about ATGAT, these guys are lucky they even wear clothes. Really wouldn't want to be then in the event of a crash. Now back to the topic. So that my bike wouldn't just sit while I was gone, I lent it to a friend. He had had a 650 but due to some financial problems, it was reposed. Where I had about 1200 km on the bike when I gave it to him, when I got back at the end of August, it had 7000 km on it. He rode it a little. I didn't mind and I had told him to do so. A bike needs to be ridden and not just left to sit under a cover. Also the bike had to be left out in the open with no one to really look after it so having it in someone elses back yard is much better. When I got back, I started a new treatment regime. This left me weak and very tired. I was also taking narcotics and it left me very unstable and my vision was not sharp. I would have to be crazy to ride so I let him ride it a little longer until I felt better. Well, now I feel great, but I am a little unsure of my self to get back on. I know I will, but while I am still on treatment, even though I feel great and my Dr. says there is no problem, I am not sure this is the great time. Well in comes the monster....I mentioned to my friend last night that I might be coming back for my bike. There is no problem. He would give it to me in a heart beat but to be a little funny, he tells me that now is not a good time. We have had more rain than in the last 5 years put together. I should leave the bike with him where it is secure and has a roof and walls around it for protection from the weather. I told him I would drive over, leave my car there and ride and then return the bike and go home. He laughed and told me that would be possible. I am 73 years old and only ride for pleasure. It is not a lot of fun to ride in heavy rain if it could be avoided. So the monster will keep the bike for a few more weeks or maybe several months more. I did get my jacket out and install the rain lining. That is all I will need for the cold and I charged the module for my Scala rider.
Ride safe everyone and happy holidays.
Allan

·
Registered
293 Posts
Glad you are doing better.

We have a saying: "A friend in need is a friend indeed!"
On the other hand, a Burgmonster is really not that bad. I don't think anyone here would blame him for trying to keep it :lol:

·
Premium Member
8,122 Posts
I think a lit torch might scare him away from it long enough for you to reclaim it, fire , pitchforks , etc, may be necessary :lol:

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Glad you are feeling much better. Your friend must indeed be a good one. He's very lucky indeed to have you as his friend. The problem is that the Burgman 400 is an addictive ride. Anyone who takes one out wants to keep it. :lol: Just make sure you get it back SOON!! and enjoy!.... :cheers:

·
Registered
345 Posts
I'm glad your feeling better as well. :thumbup: I was going to mention a trike kit as well but someone beat me to it.

Part of the problem in Florida, to change the topic slightly, is the heat and humidity. It makes ATTGATT "challenging" at times.

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was thinking of a trike kit, but they are not legal in Israel. Doesn't make sense to me, but that is the law. I appreciate the comments. Lets all go riding together.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Allan said:
I got a new bike around a year ago. I don't ride that much. I have cancer and some days I really don't feel strong enough to do it.
Ride safe everyone and happy holidays.
Allan
To me age 73 is relatively young and you should have years of good riding ahead of you. I've never had cancer but knowing people who do I realize just how dehabilitating it can be. I imagine living in Israel these days can be very stressful and nothing like a bike ride to de-stress. I hope and pray that your cancer will be in total remission soon. Keep us apprised .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts