Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got back in to town last night after being away for a month and the second thing I did this morning was go to one of the Suzuki dealers in the area. (They had phoned while I was out of town to let me know they had a 650 on the floor). There they were, the 650 and 400, blue and black, side by side. This was mt first encounter with Mr. Big, the little guy knows the shape of my bum pretty well.
We had a bit of a struggle getting it off the center stand (parking brake was on :oops: ). I have to admit I fell deeply in love with the 650 at first glance. I am completely enamored with the seating position on it and it does not feel heavy at all. I was offered a test ride (I had my riding gear in my car just in case) but I chickened out due to wet roads and new tires - bad combination in my books.
I'm hoping for drier weather tomorrow. I'm also trying to work out how I'm going to pay for it. I know, I just know with all certaintly that the one test ride will be all it takes to have me eating crow about everything I said regarding only needing a 400. **** the fuel economy and insurance rates - I want to twist and go-go-go! Now I understand why you folks gush about them so much.
By the way, I'll bet I look better on the 650 too.

Signed,
another 650 convert

PS his name will be Harold.

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
**** smart Dave. I drove mine back after purchace in those exact same conditions. NOT smart - but...uneventfull. I was riding like a lil ol lady. However it was one wierd 50 mile trip that made me like Moonpie ever more so.

Hey man the 400 is a GREAT maxi scoot. Just stop it!

You may not like some of the 650's porky tendencies - you know - youve read - gas mileage - pulling the brake levers - splitting lanes - parking - backing up - insurance - ad nauseum.

Just make the right choice for you man. If you decide to go for it well - friggin A great. My byline sortaline was that if the 400 and 650 are about the same size - why shouldn't I get the bigger one!? My feet didnt slip on the ground with either.

Pete.

PS - ppl dont look that bad on the 650 unless they are scratchin for tarmack whilst talking trying to park it. In motion....well....

**** those freakin torpedos!!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Wait till you ride that big fat AN650.

THE LARDY ARSED SCOOT IS GO-GO-GOOD!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts