Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, Ordered a New Head Gasket,

Stock Gasket is a MLS ,, I tried to Fix it Putting the 3 Sheets Back as One,, NOT Did not Last 10 Min Pile of Smoke !! Never Started Again,

Read Somewhere MLS Gaskets,,,Can Only Be Reused 2-3 Times, I exceeded that 4 Times

He,He,He

Had it toed Flat Bed Truck,, To Home,

Reasons for Going All The Way IN, Valve Seat Leak On The Valve #2 Intake

·
Administrator
20,566 Posts
Might be best to buy an Ebay crate engine. Could be a lot of damages inside. Won't know till you rip that sicker apart.

If you do that, I wonder how much it would cost for you to sell and ship the broken engine to the Seattle area. I am looking for a broken 2007 up 400. I need the case and the whole CVT/clutch setup for an Electric Trike project.
Do not need the head, piston.

Reactions: Elliott Larron

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I saw A 2016 Used AN400 Engine .,Ebay, But not real Happy that it's a 399cc,

When i get the new Gasket and It don't Run the Same Yeah!! Will Be Happy to Give it to ya!!! Dave_J

Reactions: DarisPakar

·
Administrator
20,566 Posts
The 2001-2006 AN400 was really 385cc
The 2007-2020 AN400 are really 399cc.
The 2002-2018 AN650 are really 638cc.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I Need Help!!! I Striped One of the Right #2 Engine Rods Screws , There are 4 Rods All together.. i want to Order a Thread Repair KIT but not sure what Number

Metric Thread Repair Tool Insert Kit M5 M6 M8 M10 M12 M14

Suzuki 09103-08086-000 Bolt(8x130)

any help is appreciated! Thank you....

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK!! Here's A Report from a Motorcycle Mechanic , That the 2007-9 Models "Head Gaskets Has Been Failing Across The Globe,
Because of The Laminated Sheets ,MLS Head Gaskets , Are Models AN400 Uses 3 Sheets, There only Last About 13 Years, Or So,
Tried to Find A NEW Gasket But there Are All Backordered, Or None Available , So Just Went on Ahead And Built One, Which is Working So Far.....

Could Not Wait 4 Weeks for a OEM Replacement, As far As the Rods there were OK!

Symtoms of Bad Gasket for AN400 :Temp Gauges Go up to H/ Marker, Radiator Fluid Leaking from the Gasket, Unexplained coolant loss with no leaks, Or Leaks White smoke coming from the tailpipe, Milky discoloration of the oil, And in Some cases Loss Of Power, When Throttled Over 25 MPH with Smoke...

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Good to know.

·
Administrator
20,566 Posts
If you go to most Motorcycle tire suppliers and look for most non scooter tires, they are all "Back Ordered".
I need a 100/90 17 H tire for a neighbors bike and all back ordered.

·
Registered
116 Posts
look for most non scooter tires, they are all "Back Ordered".
Same over here. Suppliers that I have bookmarked , that 3 months ago had stock, are now saying "contact us regarding availabilty"
I've got a pair of V-strom tyres in, ready. Looking for spares for B400. I was thinking it's a Brexit thing. Since you have problems too, it's perhaps Covid.
(Or both).

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Guessing it's the Pandemic , Less Workers Means Less Parts He,He,

·
Administrator
20,566 Posts
My neighbor is wanting to loan me his 2020 KTM 390 Duke for a few weeks but it needs tyre's and servicing. That is why I get to use it ;)

I can get a rear in many different types but only found 3 Knobby type fronts. I did find a matching thread 110/90 17 rear to a 150/90 17 rear but neighbor does not want me to put a rear tire on front.

His health has turned this last year, so this KTM 390 may be for sale soon...... $4,000 HUMMMMM He also has a 2012 KTM 890 Adv for the same price but it has 70,000 miles on it.

·
Premium Member
3,900 Posts
My neighbor is wanting to loan me his 2020 KTM 390 Duke for a few weeks but it needs tyre's and servicing. That is why I get to use it ;)

I can get a rear in many different types but only found 3 Knobby type fronts. I did find a matching thread 110/90 17 rear to a 150/90 17 rear but neighbor does not want me to put a rear tire on front.

His health has turned this last year, so this KTM 390 may be for sale soon...... $4,000 HUMMMMM He also has a 2012 KTM 890 Adv for the same price but it has 70,000 miles on it.
Do you think you could shoe-horn this one :

1 - 12 of 12 Posts