Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new here Hopefully the Burgman owners can help me.
I want to buy a scooter to travel to work. I live 55 miles from work all highway travel. I did see a 2003 burgman 650 with only 2200 miles for 4500.
My question is any differents between a 2003 and 2013 models. If so, Is it worth spending another 4500.hundred dollars.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
IMHO I would shy away from the 2003 & 2004, they were prone to CVT failures. Throughout the model years Suzuki has been making small changes to the CVT with it being said that bugs have been resolved from the 2011 & up models.

Keep in mind that a CVT failure can set you back $3000+ if you are unable to perform the work yourself.

·
Premium Member
4,015 Posts
Add your Location. :thumbup:

·
Registered
41 Posts
I would never, in a million years, pay that much for a 2003 650. Ever. You can get something newer for less than that (I've been seeing 2005's going for about that). I just bought a 2007 400 with less than 2400 miles on it for $2500. Motorcycles and cars are no investment so unless you have a specific reason for wanting to buy new from the stealership (dealership), such as 0% financing or something, I would not buy new. Let someone else take the beating on depreciation. There are too many deals out there from people who got the cycling itch and then who never rode much to spend $4500 on a 2003.

Just my $.02, YMMV.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Some guy in Lima Ohio claims he is getting offers of $5600 for his 04 650 with 500 miles. Go figure.

The Burgman you are referencing, I would pay somewhere between $2500-$3000. If there are no others available to choose from, then you have to pay his price.

If you care to share your location, some local riders might help you find a better deal.

Please give your location.

·
Registered
41 Posts
There's an '03 for $4500 on eBay from Peru, IL. But that is a crazy price. The thing is almost 10 years old. Go to www.searchtempest.com and do a search, selected by "City". If you're not afraid to drive a little you will find the bike you want for a fair price.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
InfernoST said:
IMHO I would shy away from the 2003 & 2004, they were prone to CVT failures. Throughout the model years Suzuki has been making small changes to the CVT with it being said that bugs have been resolved from the 2011 & up models.

Keep in mind that a CVT failure can set you back $3000+ if you are unable to perform the work yourself.
Thanks I will keep this in mind.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
black51 said:
I would never, in a million years, pay that much for a 2003 650. Ever. You can get something newer for less than that (I've been seeing 2005's going for about that). I just bought a 2007 400 with less than 2400 miles on it for $2500. Motorcycles and cars are no investment so unless you have a specific reason for wanting to buy new from the stealership (dealership), such as 0% financing or something, I would not buy new. Let someone else take the beating on depreciation. There are too many deals out there from people who got the cycling itch and then who never rode much to spend $4500 on a 2003.

Just my $.02, YMMV.
Thanks for the help. I don't want to buy a new one. I am going to keep looking for the right deal. Everyone here been very helpful Thanks again

1 - 8 of 8 Posts