Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Sunny D escaped from the grocery bag during my travels home and some how managed to smash all 3 of my bread products. :(
Nothing worse than a squished loaf of bread

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh no...i forgot to even buy eggs. **sigh**

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Heaven forbid but...it may have been damaged beer!

Now THAT would have been a catastrophy!

:)

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nope, not anyone's fault but my own.
I am a true SHE. (Sidetracked Home Executive). happens a lot. :oops:

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pete,
the beer rides up front. :wink:

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
OK,
I've lived a sheltered life.................What is Sunny D :?:
Two things I am sure of, it's not part of a motorcycle or a Piano :)

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
orange juice - Sunny Delight (Sunny D) is the brand.
sorry I should have elaborated more.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
No bagger I know packs a grocery bag smartly. Cold stuff in the same bag, heavy stuff on the bottom, leaky stuff in it's own plastic bag, etc. I usually am not getting more than a few things so I'll repack the one or two bags before sticking them on the rear floor of my car or beneath the seat of my 650. If I DO witness a bagger do it right, either intentionally or by accident, I compliment them profusely: "You packed my groceries VERY professionally! Great job! Thank You!"

Did you pack your own, Pinwheel?

Dave B. :wink:

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Now Dave, it also depends upon the consumer's placement of stuff on the go-to belt. Matched heavy stuff first, cold stuff together, light stuff last?

Don't it?!

Well, being that I have to shop for myself, I make it "a big deal" to get the stuff semi organized before it heads down toward the scanner...

Simple minds, simple challenges! :D

Wow - whatta challenging bi-monthly diversion!

I went to K-mart to buy one-o-dem folding camp chairs that come ina bag last Sunday because I was going to the Pensacola Springfest (http://www.pensacolaspringfest.net) and I figured that the smallest one would not fit under my seat - it might have but my subwoofer took up that lil bit of needed space, sigh, and i didnt have my bungie cords with me. - no worries, got it later with the car while on the way.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
no I did not bag them myself. I went to Walmart for some items.
And if I would have bagged my own groceries, they would have been done right. 6 months I was a bagger (in my teen years) and I even went through a 2 hour class on how to bag, what goes with what and how much to load and how to load a bag. I don't think they do that anymore.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Some do, Brookshire Bros. and Farm Basket both. I have to almost wrestle the baggers for my stuff! ;) I'd rather see them help someone who needs it far more than I do.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Hang it up, Nancy. I think your week is finished. You might as well sleep away the rest of it. :(

I'm guessing you don't have kids. :wink:

Steve

Gear up!

·
Registered
250 Posts
You all sound like candidates to shop at Winco. I don't know if they have them where you are, but it's a giant employee-owned supermarket here in the Northwest. Everybody bags their own, and each cashier has two rows of conveyer belts, so customers line up on both sides of their station. Very asembly line, very cheap, good quality. Also lots of bulk foods, which I love. I dig cooking with raw ingredients rather than packaged, processed foods. They stock only super-reinforced, extra large grocery bags. No double bagging needed.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
wasions said:
Hang it up, Nancy. I think your week is finished. You might as well sleep away the rest of it. :(

I'm guessing you don't have kids. :wink:

Steve

Gear up!
I have a 3 year old energy ball. Non stop talking, moving, running, playing and more until 8:30 at night.

WINCO?? nope don't have them here.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Pinwheel said:
I have a 3 year old energy ball. Non stop talking, moving, running, playing and more until 8:30 at night.
:oops: I was thinking, "If she had kids, this kind of stuff wouldn't bother her as much." Maybe it should have been, "She already has that 3-y/o, so this is something she really doesn't need." :shock: :D

Steve

Gear up!

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
doesn't really bother me that much. just the way my days usually go. Kinda like dropping a slice of pizza or a piece of cake, always lands with the goody side down. :(

Potty training starts next week, the bread troubles will be nothing compared to what I'm about to experience.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Pinwheel said:
I have a 3 year old energy ball....
Kids: you spend the first year of their life teaching them to walk and talk, then the next 17 years telling them to sit down and shut up! :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts