Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:cool:

Just picked up a Red 08' with 4600 miles on it! I only rode it home for a 25 minute ride but I am very impressed! The CVT does a real nice job of utilizing the power of a 400 cc.

Acceleration from a stop is very impressive! It just feels very comfortable not only in seating position but handling is equally impressive!

Gonna be a great summer!

Pics will come after I clean her up!

Jeff

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Congratulations! The 400 is my favorite bike ever. I call it the Swiss Army Bike cause it does everything well. And Welcome to BUSA from sunny Los Angeles.

This is my standard recommendation for riding the 400...

Depending on riding style, terrain and load, the clutch pads have a tendency to heat up and glaze after a while, 5k-20k miles. It's not a big deal and happens on most CVTs. The glaze just needs to be sanded off. The shops I've had it done at charge $40-90. If you're at all good with your own maintenance, its not too difficult to do yourself.

To help prevent glazing, try to blip the throttle on take-off to 4500 rpm, then adjust your speed accordingly. This maneuver will engage the clutch quickly and limit heat buildup. You can't avoid heating the clutch altogether, but this technique will lessen the severity and extend the time between deglazings.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Jeff. Lots of good info to be had. Check out Mitch's Youtube videos on 400 maintenance. Search" Micbersma" (that's not a typo) and the subject such as, Burgman 400 cvt cover removal, etc.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Wow you did well, my '08 (red of course) had 6500 miles when I snagged it, in July 2012.
I still have a stupid grin on my face, almost 3 years later. :D Now 20,000 miles.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So far I have only put an hour or so on it but it's already putting a grin on my face!

And then there's the price of $3000 that I was very pleased with.

Gonna be a great year!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the red Burgman cluib

·
Registered
857 Posts
Welcome to the forum, all you need to know can be found here!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts