Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Strange things are happening around me lately. People are treating me as if I am elderly and frail. Doors are opened for me, offers of lifting a 40 pound bag of water softener salt onto the Brugman, yielding space in heavy foot traffic places like Walmart and Giant Eagle entrances at busy times, courteous explanations on how to use the new self checkout kiosks, and other such actions and done with a smile. So, it is pleasant and I always respond with a smile to accept the help as needed, and thank them with a smile regardless.

Forty (40) years ago I had a pair of muggers change their mind as I was walking to the parking lot late one evening. They looked at me, then at each other, nodded, stood up and started towards me. They then looked at each other, nodded, and went back to their seat on the curb. I don't think the second thoughts would happen today.

What happened to me to cause such a change? I used to be on the other end of these courtsies.

· Premium Member
884 Posts
I tell myself I'm not old as well. Something we will all go through.
I started noticing when the bank tellers and branch managers looked like kids and called me sir. I am slowing down, used to work from sunup till sundown on projects in the hot sun and never miss a beat. Now my wife calls me A/C. I'd have a list of projects on days off and get everything done, now if I cross off one item, I'm happy.

Now I live for free time to ride my Burgman, keeps me young at heart.

· Premium Member
9,801 Posts
Check to see if you still have a butt (behind you, if it moved around front,,,,,,,)

· Premium Member
9,801 Posts
I tell myself I'm not old as well. Something we will all go through.
I started noticing when the bank tellers and branch managers looked like kids and called me sir. I am slowing down, used to work from sunup till sundown on projects in the hot sun and never miss a beat. Now my wife calls me A/C.

Now I live for free time to ride my Burgman, keeps me young at heart.
It's global warming!

• Haha
Reactions: SemBurg

· Registered
73 Posts
I've lost all hopes of accomplishing anything in this life. I've lowered my expectations, try to walk the middle path and live in the present.
I'm also trying to be kinder, gentler, and more compassionate to improve my Karma.... soz I don't return as some sort of rodent.
(Not that there's anything wrong with rodents).
I try not worry about old age, since I'm told it doesn't last that long.

I worry about misplacing the keys to my bike.;)

· Premium Member
9,801 Posts
I've lost all hopes of accomplishing anything in this life. I've lowered my expectations, try to walk the middle path and live in the present.
I'm also trying to be kinder, gentler, and more compassionate to improve my Karma.... soz I don't return as some sort of rodent.
(Not that there's anything wrong with rodents).
I try not worry about old age, since I'm told it doesn't last that long.

I worry about misplacing the keys to my bike.;)
When I was born we only had 48 states, 2 years later we had 50,, but I slowed down some since then

Reactions: airhead83

· Registered
2,480 Posts
Being older has some advantages. This year I received my National Park Senior Pass. Onetime fee and will last me the rest of my life. All entrances in National Parks are free and 1/2 off camping I think.

Reactions: airhead83
1 - 10 of 10 Posts