1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,654 Posts
Reactions: mikeyMarine

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Welcome! Looks like a lot of work. Where are you located?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi guys thanks for the warm welcome and the link. Le Dude has really worked hard on his page and I’m sure I will find the info invaluable in the coming months of the rebuild.

I am short of quite a few body panels which I’m busy sorting out while the frame and subframe are away being powder coated.

I also have a few technical questions re model years and parts interchangeability. Is this the right forum or shall I start a new thread in the 650 forum.

I’m in the UK but this site has far more info on it than I’ve seen over this side of the pond. Parts seem to be much harder to get second hand, especially for the earlier models.

·
Premium Member
3,654 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,504 Posts
welcome, and the 650 site will get you more 650 info than the new member site, but LeDude's pages are a fantastic resource! He knows as much about them as I don't know about wimmin! Grab a refreshin beverage and stroll thru his titles, or grab a refreshin beverage and don't. You will be happy either way!

·
Administrator
19,947 Posts
Burger, welcome to the forums.

This post from you is in the correct place. But as you start the rebuild process, it should be in the 2002-2012 650 pages.

Body parts are almost all the same from 2002-2012. There are a few small things but they all bolt on.

·
Administrator
19,947 Posts
If it was in great running condition but just needing body panels, I'd do this:

2.jpg 3.jpg

OR this:

Cute Trike.jpg

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Some photos of the build:

I’m still waiting for a few panels back from paint. I took colour inspiration from the later 400 but unfortunately my painter used a blue grey instead of a charcoal grey. I’m generally happy with the results for the price.

·
Premium Member
3,654 Posts
Well done Mate ! Have you taken it for a ride yet ? If ya did tell us about it ....

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Been around the drive on it.

11k miles from new (2003) slight dieseling on tickover but it is an early one so they all do it right?

·
Premium Member
3,654 Posts

11k miles from new (2003) slight dieseling on tickover but it is an early one so they all do it right?
Yes but it can be fixed ....Let us summon the Burgman Grand Wizard ....Paging Dave_J we need info on the Polish Chatter Stop .

·
Administrator
19,947 Posts

Burger74, open Ebay and do a search for "Suzuki Burgman 650 Diesel Noise" and it will give you the current listing for the Polish adapter. Its a simple mod.

In USA Ebay its here:

Reactions: DarisPakar

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok I’ll take a look thanks. I’ll just get it on the road first I think, the noise is only in the early stages at the moment but I will do the polish mod further down the line I think.

·
Premium Member
12,504 Posts
ok, it's been 6 months, you aint a new member anymore. I don't keep a wimmins for more than 6 months!!!! (they keep excapin)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts