Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You may or may not have noticed but I have been absent from the forum this week.

On Monday January 3, I was in a fairly major road traffic accident while returning home in my old faithful Mercedes.

The accident occurred while travelling south on the single carriageway section of the A3 just North of Hindhead (Info for the Brits). For no apparent reason a chap who was travelling North suddenly veered into my path (about 10 metres ahead of me). I was travelling at around 50mph before this and not much less as we impacted.

God was looking after me that day and with a modicum of help from the structure of the Mercedes I survived, the other poor chap did not.

Amazingly, I am OK.

I am hobbling round with a stick as my left foot ain’t taking the weight – but it is not broken. I fractured my sternum and have loads of internal bruising (so they tell me). I was released from hospital after 24 hours. I really do not like hospitals at all - full of sick people - and then there are all those patients too!

So, I have been at home all week resting up. Feel like I have gone 10 rounds with a pro heavyweight and I have been sleeping lots – which is kind of unusual for me. I have looked in on the forum but only briefly and did not feel up to contributing or cracking any funnies (it hurts when I laugh!).

There are no emoticons that can adequately convey how good and how grateful I am to be HERE!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Our thoughts are with you. God speed you to a rapid, full recovery.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Norman,

I am glad that you are still with us! Keep on resting and heal up asap. I would think that is the end for the old Mercedes, but considering what could have happened, that is a minor inconvenience.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Eeek :shock: And here I was thinking you were riding around on your new lardy. Glad you were in the Mercedes rather than on either Burgman at the time. Even more glad you made it out with hide relatively intact. Hope ya get better quick. As you can tell ... you've been missed.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Whoa. I am so terribly sorry to hear about the accident. I too was thinking you were enjoying the 650. I am glad that you are still around and on the mend. I wish you a speedy recovery.
(((HUGS)))

Nancy

·
Super Moderator
8,083 Posts
Norman,

Glad your OK and hope you have a Full recovery, and soon.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Alive

Norman it is good news indeed to hear that you are Ok after your tracic accident. It is great to hear you are on the mend and able to go Vertical lets hope you have a speedy recovery and are soon back in the pink and able to take delivery of your new Lardy. All the best /RW

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Glad to hear you are relatively ok Norman. I hope you have a speedy recovery and are able to ride the 650 as soon as the weather permits.

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
Wishing you a complete recovery Norm. It was a shock to read your report of a traumatic event. Your contributions to this forum have helped me a great deal with my short Burgman experience of just over 600 miles. After reading many of your posts, you have become like a good neighbor or good friend. Thanks, get well soon. Neal

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Glad to hear you're "relatively OK" Norm :wink:

Sorry to hear about your mishap.

Thank God Mercs are built like Mack trucks. Probably what saved you.

Like the others, I envisioned you tootling around in the rain on your Lardy,

Too busy to talk to us and grinning like an idiot.:D
Just goes to show you.....

Anyway, get well soon.
Somebody's looking out for you.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Bit of bad luck. but also some good, you were in your car, and your not the other chap !
Rest, and get well soon. And yes we did miss your wit . :D

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Norman,
Glad that you are ok. I hope your bruising heals quickly.

·
Registered
428 Posts
NormanB said:
I really do not like hospitals at all - full of sick people - and then there are all those patients too!

LOL!!!

Well, hell. Some people will do just about anything to get breakfast in bed now, won't they?

God speed your recovery Norman. Your remaining days are now all bonus points, as mine have been for many years.

Peace.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Now when you get on the lardy, you can thank the Lordy,
Sir, I have not been at my best for you in the past,
but with your help Sir, I will ride my lardy for the Lordy,
help me overcome the past, and make the future a gas!
:lol:

·
Registered
794 Posts
Guinness

I have it on good authority that Vitamin G* is good for what ails you. Recommended Daily Allowance: 3 pints a day.

*Guinness for those not medically trained.

Best Regards,

Dan

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey you guys (an gals)

Thanks for your thoughts and kind words.

It is good to be part of this community.

........and Mike thanks for the poem :lol:

...........and Dan thanks for the Vitamin G advice, sadly it has the same effect on me as a 'pull through' on a rifle! :wink:

..................and Nancy thanks for the Hugs - just dont squeeze so hard next time. :wink:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts