Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was recently checking some motorcycle tour/riding videos on Youtube and found more than a few biker accidents. It seems the Russian drivers need the added security of a "dash cam" to prove what happened if involved in an accident. Anyway, the result was several videos of some of the most horrific crashes involving car/motorcycle/scooter collisions imaginable. Not for the faint of heart I can assure you. Watching the videos was akin to watching a train wreck..... You just cannot look away! When the accident "just" happens in that split second that follows after the ride(s) are tossed off their bike, debris fills the air in a lot of the videos. I started to watch this debris with a closer eye, trying to freeze frame and zoom. Among the broken bits of plastic that once was a motorcycle/scooter was two items that shouldn't have been tossed in the air. They were: unfastened helmets that came off right at impact. The other item we discussed with Chappy... They were shoes... Not boots, but shoes. In some accidents both the helmet and shoes came off of the rider/passenger and tossed into the air. In some videos right after the accident you can see a rider getting hit with the helmet on and when the vehicle stops, you can see the helmet and/or shoes several feet from the biker.

Helmet laws withstanding, if you wear it, wear it properly and wear proper foot protection. This doesn't include slip-on or low cut anything.. At least over the ankle leather/or approved footgear... Leave the sneakers and plastic bags home and let's all be aware that there is no such thing as a "fender bender" when we ride a two wheeler.

·
Administrator
20,096 Posts
Yeah, I DO NOT watch those Vids. In about 80% of them the rider isDEAD WRONG!!! It's like those high speed "Lane Splitting" or the 180 MPH during rush hour traffic vid's. Nope, not for me. I'v hit the ground too many times and know the damage that can be done even at 35 MPH, I will pay for it the rest of my life.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Roger you are sick puppy for watch such video. :p

Many rider kill our self attempting to convince other rider to use good protection from head to toe ,unfortunately many not understand until they have accident. ATGATT is only protection you have that can help in accident.

Russian rider must be careful as Adolf Poutin will annex them to Siberia ! :laughing3:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I will paraphrase an old saying amongst pilots...

There are old riders and there are bold riders. But there are no old, bold riders.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts