Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sat on my new blue burger boy today and cranked it up....; now friends, I have been riding big bikes since 15 years old, many many large V-twins, fours, etc., and I have blipped throttles sometimes more than I care to admit , I am a mindless blipper.

Well I was sitting there on the Burger Boy, and I had the most terrible urge to blip, blip, blip the throttle.- but I know that if I did, I would be forced to jump all of those nice new ATV's, water craft , and motocross bikes ahead of me.

What to do? What to do when the Burger Boy is cold,a nd needs a judicious blip to keep running at the light?

vetreran Burger Bums, please blip me an answer.

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
I didnt realize there was an actual name for doing that with the throttle. I never noticed that I did it either till I bought my Burg. The nice thing is that the Burg doesnt need to be "blipped". Once I broke the habit, I dont do it ever. Let it warm up a few mins and its perfect. I live in Vegas where cold is 34 deg. Im not sure if others need to blip their Burgs when its colder.
-Bryan

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh yeah...

Of course one need not blip any modern bike, esp FI models. My Nomad never faltered at idle...

It's a cultural thing..like racing a hotrods engine at a stop light. People just do it.

I guess if we Burger Bums blip we rear end the car in front of us!

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
I too had the similar habit that needed braking. My only worry now is when I meet up with a group of riders and I'm sitting there idling,there's allways someone who walks up and wants to blip my throttle. It's a motorcycle tradition....blipping.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Blipping

I agree that blipping a modern fuel injected machine is totally unnecessary. Blipping even most carbuerated machines made in the last 25 years or so is also unnecessary. Blipping started back in the days of the old Brit bikes which had awful carbuerators which could load up and stall at a stop. There were also other modified machines (American & European) that were jetted too rich at idle which might have required blipping. I can't recall any stock Japanese machine that ever really required it.

That said, I do blip the throttle on my V-Strom. I do it for fun, because the aftermarket Remus exhaust cannisters have an awesome mellow bark when the throttle is blipped. Harley riders blip for the same reason - to show off their loud pipes. It is, as previously stated, a motorcycling tradition, but is is based on antique (or other poorly carbuerated) beasts.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Amazing, two posts in a row that I agree with Pauljo.

I blip for fun and obviously only on the Bandit. I like to hear the Hindle can. Great sound.

Eddie

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
one of these days

one of these days:

Myself or one of us Burger Bums will be behind a low to the ground sportscar, and maybe, having been a big twin rider in days gone by, will be daydreaming, and....blip -----

The Burger will climb the car's bumper and roll riht over the roof and down the other side...of say, a Mazda Miata, no damage done, and you will land wheels up looking cool - almost as if you did it by design.

It's gonna happen sooner or later.

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Wont happen: If you are daydreaming about the old cruiser days you should be "blipping" with one hand and the other hand is holding the clutch in. This of course is the rear brake on the Burgy. Thus you shouldnt crash into the car in front of you. LOL :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts