current draw engine stopped: 16A

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Looks like i will continue learning Spanish :D

·
Registered
280 Posts
I suppose this video is no problem in America when Spanish language is replacing American English as the national language.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I suppose this video is no problem in America when Spanish language is replacing American English as the national language.
I dont think so. but anyways. the video has subtitles, you can turn them on in the CC button.

thanks for watching!

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Fernando my Man! Great job! Very professional looking too!
Closed Captioned for the language impaired too! :headbang:
Have fun at the MotoGP I am jealous! :cool:

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
haha thank you!

I don't really honk many times, but now I've been wanting to, its impressive the difference this new horn makes.

motoGP is coming! last Saturday I did the 7500 miles maintenance and the new horn was the add-on for the trip. prepping all the logistics, taking off in two weeks from now.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I actually have two of those horns in my shed, one I was going to put on my previous scoot but could not find room for it so I now have the motivation to put it on my new to me 400. Thanks Fernando!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I want to be sure I have this correct. The negative on the horn is going to the ground/mounting bolt of the relay. The positive on the horn is going directly to the battery with a inline 10 amp fuse and then you are plugging the original two horn wires into the relay. My question is that the relay has four connections, which two am I using? Or is it that I have this all wrong.........? I also cant seem to find a relay connecting block but that is really not so important but I would like to know where to get one.
Thanks
Neal

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
they relay have 4 pins:

- the 2 parallel pins are numbered one 85 and the other 86, it doesn't matter which way you connect them, you can go positive or negative on either way.

-the other pin is numbered 30 its the positive and is where you connect the wire that comes from the battery with the inline fuse.

-Finally the last one its ID as 87 goes straight from the relay to the horn's positive.

-The horn's ground(-) goes in the same bolt where the horn goes mounted.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey Fernando,
Sorry for the delay. Thanks for the explanation. Now it really will be a simple job. BTW I got your PM also. I will update you when I get this done in the next week or so. Thanks again,
Neal

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sure thing, happy to help, post some pics of your install once done! feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey Fernando (and all others!) just an update on the horn install. I got it done and am real happy to have the loud horn. I did however make a couple of changes in the install. First I put the relay up with the battery. I found that there was more than enough room for it within the battery compartment behind the removable divider that hides the battery. This way the relay and its connections are out of the weather. Also, I had a hard time fitting the horn behind the plastic so I removed the headlight assembly and then the plastic piece that would hide the horn and then mounted the horn and reinstalled all the plastics, made more work and took more time but was happy with the overall install. Thanks again for the help Fernando, you made it easy!

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey Fernando (and all others!) just an update on the horn install. I got it done and am real happy to have the loud horn. I did however make a couple of changes in the install. First I put the relay up with the battery. I found that there was more than enough room for it within the battery compartment behind the removable divider that hides the battery. This way the relay and its connections are out of the weather. Also, I had a hard time fitting the horn behind the plastic so I removed the headlight assembly and then the plastic piece that would hide the horn and then mounted the horn and reinstalled all the plastics, made more work and took more time but was happy with the overall install. Thanks again for the help Fernando, you made it easy!
awesome! put some pics to see if i can improve my install, I actually just stashed it behind the plastic but im sure you can fit it better as you've described! and yeah! the sound is cool! and safe!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts