Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning to all,

Fooch here from Montgomery, AL where I quietly squeeze (and politely) my new Burgman650 beside all the Harley's at the red lights. So far, I haven't spotted any fellow Burgman's but I am keeping an eye out. The Burgman has been a pleasure and I do not miss my Yamaha XJ750 at all. My other bikes are a distant memory as well.

safe riding to all,
Fooch

·
Registered
350 Posts
Welcome Fooch and congrats on the new 650. I got mine in June. Only put about 50 miles on the cage in the past 3 months. I ride the Burgie everywhere unlss it's a driving rain.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Welcome, Fooch! Isn't the Burgman great? I went from the Honda ST1300 to the Burgman 650 a couple months ago. I installed my J&M CB radio and XM radio (from the ST), after market windshield (Clearview), and a backrest. Today my husband is installing Kuryaken ISO grips and the throttle lock. It doesn't get any better! The seat is breaking in after 2000+ miles, and I look forward to next summer's long-distance riding. My other bikes are all just sweet memories. I love the Burgie and am getting used to the sideways glances from the other motorcyclists. All I can say to them is, they don't know what they're missin' :wink:

Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Howdy Fooch. Good to hear about your Bama 650! Yeah down here in the south it's not just a "herd" of Hardleys, it's a **** stampede! :?

Well maybe someday you'll see another maxi scooter. I've had mine for 11 months and have only spotted about 4 bigguns (400cc +).

Pete

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Welcome Fooch...

I'm up here in Columbiana... Welcome to the ICOBO. Yes, lately, I've started noticiing the number of Harley's out. I was just commenting to "her" that I figure roughly 6 out 10 bikes I see is a Harley.

It's a beautiful day today in Alabama and if it wasn't for work, I'd be out riding. I hope you are.

Take care,
Joe

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the warm welcome!

Thanks for the warm welcome! I believe I have found a great website. I have thoroughly enjoyed looking at all the ingenious ideas that you have done with the Burgman. My daughter was sad to see the "Black Stallion" leave but she is quite happy riding the "Silver Stallion". I do think the first investment will be the taller windshield. At 6'3" the wind is thrown into your face, which isn't bad, its the bugs I hate! Then the handgrips, then a sound system, then...LOL It should be against the law to have so much fun!

thanks again,
Fooch

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Welcome to ICOBO, Fooch! You're gonna love that 650, as I have come to love mine in very short order.

Enjoy!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts