Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings fellow Burgman owners.

I'm expected to receive my new-to-me 2013 650 ABS in the next day or so. Having it shipped over here to CA from TX. Hope its as good as the pictures showed! I've been riding everything and anything with two wheels since long before my memory can now recall. Although, I haven't had a street legal bike* in ~ 10 years. I've been looking to fill that void without much vigor and after a lot of hemming and hawing, I've come full circle to solidify on the Burgy; it simply checks all the boxes I need right now.

Thanks in advance for entertaining what I'm sure will be some dumb noob questions as I acclimate to this new beast.

Cheers,
Vince

* - Technically speaking, I have a plated Yamaha TT-R 125 and I'm pretty confident it is the only such plated bike in all of CA (dont ask) ! :)
But, it's obviously not suited for any kind of real street riding.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hello Vince,

Sounds like you and I have gone down similar paths. I played college football, and then I roadraced motorcycles (WERA #701). I've had a bunch of different motorcycles, not as many as some. As well as just having sold a 2009 Honda CRF 450X … with a license plate (don't ask). Maybe the only one with a plate in GA.

I find the Burgman to be … very useful. I hope to add the word, pleasant to that. Not quite there just yet. It is quite good at some things. But in stock form, it is like any other bike, it leaves things to be desired. And I'm now working on correcting those items. I have a 2011 650 Executive. I have corrected the speedometer with a Speedo Healer, because the inaccuracy was annoying, I'm working on a driver's backrest, and will be replacing the windshield. My back is slightly longer than my legs proportionately, so my head sticks up higher than the windshield can go, leaving my helmet in a buffeting zone, so the wind noise is horrible (that's my biggest gripe). The new windshield should set me straight, and that's when I think the ride may become, pleasant. I think the last thing I will do is install a Rostra cruise control then I'll be set to ride it out until I choose to move on, which I hope is a good long time. I also have a little Honda Rebel 250 that is a great riding little bike. I'm sort of in a phase liking the micro bikes at the moment.

Good luck, don't worry about dumb questions … that's all I ask.

7milesout

·
Administrator
18,201 Posts
I do know that in Calif you must have over 7,500 miles on a used bike to register it in state. Good luck.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Dave - I have heard that too. I wonder if one could go to the CA DMV to register a vehicle, but go in a different vehicle. Meaning, does the CA DMV staff go look over / inspect a vehicle while it is being registered? If not, the DMV could be told that the bike has, say … 8,150 miles on it. That is such a silly law. So glad I don't live there.

·
Administrator
18,201 Posts
Ibuzzard just went thru this last year.

·
Registered
163 Posts
So, if one has a 2019 Model 650 Executive with 7,100 miles on it, if you're in California, I guess you sell it as a NEW motorcycle! That'll increase the value! ;)

·
Premium Member
2,798 Posts
If it’s a 2019 B650 in the States it’s truly a collectors edition.

·
Premium Member
2,798 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts