Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put on a new clutch and did new OEM roller weights while I was in there.
Mitch's video says to hold the back of the plate while reinstalling it, but as test I did that and re-opened it and 2 weights were "rolled out" of their grooves.
I think I got it back on very carefully when I put it on for real but...
If I had installed it that way how would I know if some of the weights were not rolling out properly?
Noises, vibrations, incorrect RPM to speed ratio?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
If wrong the revs will be high at high speed, if you have it right you will find it revs a bit
higher at low speed about the same at around 50 mph but lower above that,
this is when cruising at a steady speed, expect 5200 to 5500 cruising at a steady
60 if alls well, you will find it will likely be doing the same revs at 50, opening the throttle
will see the revs rise then drop off again as you reach a steady cruse.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Thanks for that Ralph. That's exactly how mine goes with 21 gr sliders in.
The top end is what's amazing with the sliders instead of the rollers.
I don't really like how it acts at low speeds (just as you described) but it's not a deal breaker for me. They dropped my cruising rpm's about 1000 rpm's.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Mines on 19g and I am happy with them, they did flip after a thousand miles or so and I went back to rollers but did not like the rollers at all after the sliders so reinstalled them this time with no lube whatsoever, "fist time I used dry lube" and they are fine after several thousand miles, so I would recommend fitting them dry but other than that and it being tricky to fit the pulley back wile holding the moving plate back so they don't flip, "worse for those of us with big hands" I am happy with them, I believe they have changed them slightly maybe to stop them flipping and they are now a slightly different design.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was at 5300rpm at 60mph last night on the way home cruising.
Running smoothly so far.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I said 21 gr, I meant 19gr sliders. Everything else I said was correct. I used dry CRC brand dry slicone spray in mine. It says on the can good up to -40F to +400F. No problems so far.
Getting the whole assembly back in there is kind of tricky. I put it in and took it out and put it in a second time and still wasn't sure everything stayed in place.
I knew from reading other threads that the rpm's would be high if any had flipped.

·
Registered
709 Posts
What's the advantage with sliders itlives? I'm a roller fan myself, just curious and there seems to be a lot of aggro from everybody installing them. Their a flipping nuisance it seems?

·
Registered
341 Posts
My 19 gr. sliders lowered my criusing rpms by 1000 at 72 actual mph. I'm fixing to take a 1,600 mile trip on my 400 and wanted to lesson the stress on the engine. I've found 72-75 actual is a good speed for the 400 with the sliders. If I remember right, I'm turning about 6000 rpms at that speed. With rollers 7200.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Had mine in for 34k + miles. Never had them flip & had mine apart quite a few times. I would recommend them over the OEM rollers any day.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When I went to order up sliders or rollers a couple weeks ago I could only seem to locate sliders at a foreign site and I didn't feel comfortable with the way it had them labeled.
I think it was just me being stupid and not reading the site right, but I went with OEM.
If anyone has a current link with specs on what to get for sliders I'd appreciate it and bookmark it.
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
I noticed today's ride --- 400 Burgman 2011 with 8000 miles now and stock everything.

Reads about 1000 rpm for every 10mph +/- (only watched it in cruisng range of 40 to 70 mph - speedomenter reading, actiual is about 7% less speed on mine with a car tire).

·
Registered
709 Posts
With the 1000rpm drop on top end with sliders vs rollers, does it lug around town?. Does it go faster? of is it underpowered at the rpm range to do 90mph?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Chappy - No it doesn't lug at all at any speed. In fact, it's faster take off now than with the stock rollers. Sliders do take some getting used to, though. They work differently. You can put the Rpm's on 5000 and the bike just slowly inches it's way up. You can give'r the gas and it takes off.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts