Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,164 Posts
We will be home as usual, wife taking down tree, Im getting firewood in, cleaning chimney, doing a little fiberglassing on my latest burgman projects, may watch some of Rose bowl parade on my new HD screen. For dinner wife is making fish chowder with lobster, scallop, shrimp, haddock, cant beat it. Happy New Year yall Wayne :hello2:

·
Registered
857 Posts
Boring yet I'd not trade it for the world...

The wife is working today, so I get to stay home with the three little ones. Plan to do some "light" housecleaning (don't call me Mr. Mom), yardwork (50's here today and cloudy), watch a bit of football, and most importantly: build some "Smores" with the kids' new Smores maker they got for Christmas. Should be fun.

Christmas is for kids...and adults that get to act like kids once a year (at least).

Just printed out the Powerball numbers for last week. Hope I'm a winner. We only buy them once each year. Figure if God wanted me to be rich, I only need one ticket.

Happy Holidays everyone. Hope it was/is very safe.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Temperature is expected to hit a high of 63 in New Jersey today the 1st of the 05 year, I am on my way out for a ride to try out my new utopia back rest and vista cruise. How often can one get to ride there bike in January in the north east with such great temps.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Yard work and house work. Woo Hoo!!!!

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
72F here in mid-N.C. Went flying as I can ride mini-burger when its cold.
Snuck in an early morn gun show and bought an older model Smith Wesson 38cal to punch holes in paper. Don't shoot nothing but paper.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Vista Cruise

burg650 said:
Temperature is expected to hit a high of 63 in New Jersey today the 1st of the 05 year, I am on my way out for a ride to try out my new utopia back rest and vista cruise. How often can one get to ride there bike in January in the north east with such great temps.
Let us know how the Vista Cruise works out.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Swstiles all I have to say on the vista cruise is how I got along without it for so long. It is the second best mod I have done to my Burg next to the back rest. Can't wait to go on a very long ride to really try it out now I can really relax my right wrist and of course take both hangs off the wheel (handle bar) and lean back and relax.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I just got home from work. Funny how they never seem to let the felons - nor us, have holidays.

It's supposed to hit 70 tomorrow. Probably with rain. I'll be at work again anyway. It's a good thing I really like this job. :)

Steve

·
Registered
355 Posts
The wife, some friends and myself rang in the New Year at a great silly burlesque/vaudville night club in Manhattan called The Slipper Room. Got back home around 5am, I think. Recovered and relaxed for the bulk of the day.
Now if only my Burg had not been stored in the warehouse at my work I would have gotten in a ride with Roger. Is it Spring yet?
Happy New Year!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Since the temp was in mid 60's we went out toward western Maryland. Wonderful ride, but had trouble finding a place open where we could have lunch. Finally found a bar open around New Windsor, MD. I know why they were open on a warm New Year's Day - because every biker in Maryland was out and about and eating there. Have a Great New Year, everyone!

·
Registered
553 Posts
Thanks

burg650 said:
Swstiles all I have to say on the vista cruise is how I got along without it for so long. It is the second best mod I have done to my Burg next to the back rest. Can't wait to go on a very long ride to really try it out now I can really relax my right wrist and of course take both hangs off the wheel (handle bar) and lean back and relax.
Thanks for the info. Did you have to cut/trim the grip to install it?

·
Registered
689 Posts
The only thing have to be done is to use a dremel toll to remove a ridge lip where the vista will go and it involved taking off the throttle sleeve to do this.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts