Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Blue K4 " suffer" from some minor scratches, what is the best way to repair it?
What is the number of the color ?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
OR you could wait a another year and you would stop caring as much :)
I wish this weather would break so I can start riding again :(

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Randy I thought about it

It is a good idea to wait, but another year is a long time.

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Bendi,
Are these surface scratches or do they go through the clearkote and paint? If surface scratches, the fix is easy: use a good automotive product. I like Meguiar's swirl mark remover (you'd want the one for dark colors since you have the blue Burgman, but it isn't critical). Using a clean applicator, lightly mist with a detailing apray or water, which ever you have. Put a modest amount of SMR on your applicator and lightly rub in parallel and perpendicular straight lines to the scratch until product has broken down and done it's job. Gently wipe with clean microfiber cloth. You might have to repeat a couple of times, but the scratches should be much less obvious or gone all together.

If you can feel the scratch with your fingernail, then you might want to consider a more aggressive approach (like wet sanding).

Good luck!
Madonna

·
Registered
611 Posts
Do it in stages. If it's little spider web type scratches that you see in the sunlight then try just using a good wax on it and see if you can remove them. If that doesn't work, then try a marine grade fiberglass wax/restorer - 3M makes a really good one. NOTE: Don't use a finish restoring wax on If that doesn't clean them up then try a rubbing compond on it, and last resort (for the deep scratches) lightly wet-sand it.

I used rubbing compound followed by some marine grade wax/restorer on a really long and deep gouge in the rear handrail (about 6 inches long). The paint is actually very thick on there - so I was able to turn what looked really bad into a barely noticable mark. I'm going to wet-sand it in an area about 1/2 inch long to smooth the edges of the paint and then rubbing compond and wax it again. But the handrail has proven to be very easy to work on. This was on a 2004 Blue 400, and the paint has a bit of glitter in it. Use your rubbing compund judiciously on any finish with glitter (or for the first time on a given surface). Do a little rubbing with compund, wipe it clean, and look at it often. Some rubbing compounds reactions to a particular paint are more dramatic than others - and it's better to wax it and come back to it for more later than to rub all of your paint (or even just all of the glitter) off.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Oops - I was adding not to use a finish restoring wax on yuor windscreen and got interrupted...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts