Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On AN400, there are 2 side markers on both side of the scooter (below the handle grips). They seem to be good location to mout a set or driving light. I tried to remove them but can't. I can turn them loose, but can not remove them from the body.

Do I need to open the whole body chassis just to remove them?

Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
You may be able to reach down far enough to get the reflector off by just removing the top piece that covers the windshield screws and has the "S" logo on it. The reflector has a screw with a nut on the other side and a plastic pin for alignment. To take it off, you need a pair of pliers to turn the nut while the pin holds the reflector stationary.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dkblinux98,
Thanks very much. I'll try that. The burgman definitely need more lights. I got cut-off alot more on the Burgman vs my Honda VTX (with lightbar).

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
resque2 said:
dkblinux98,
Thanks very much. I'll try that. The burgman definitely need more lights. I got cut-off alot more on the Burgman vs my Honda VTX (with lightbar).

Thanks.
Really? Must be pretty dark in your neck of the woods. I thought the Burgman's lights were equal to or superior than most motorsickles.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, that's true. Even though, the bugman has 2 headlights but only 35w each.
My VTX 's headlight is 75w + 2 lights on the lightbar which is 55w each. That's enough to light up a runway :) If they don't see me, they would probably hear me.

The Burgman on the other hand is too quiet that many time cagers don't pay attention. I guess more light will make up for it. It's matter of being seen. 70% of cutoffs being in town, not on the highway.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Want more light? Replace the stock bulbs with H4 55/60 watt bulbs. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts