Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
being using it for few weeks now, and works no problem, you can even turn it off while driving without looking at it.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Very convenient pace for it.
My only concern would be if I overfilled the gas tank and gas got on a live 12dc connector.
But I am sure you wired it into the ignition switch circuit so that would never happen. ;)

·
Registered
302 Posts
Though I have the 12 volt socket in the glove box I have come up with a better solution. I have a 5000 mAH portable battery the size of a cell phone that will charge anything that uses a USB connection, including my GPS. I have it tucked in my upper glove/utility box, plugged into my GPS at all times. I just turn it on when I am ready to ride. It can be charged by way of a USB connection itself, so when it gets low I can plug it into my USB adapter in the glove box socket. It is powerful enough to fully recharge an iPhone 5 times. Now there are larger capacity ones out that are about the same size. It is a lithium battery, so it holds the charge forever. You can also plug a small 4 port USB adapter into it and share the power with another device if you need to. This is great on long trips when your glove box socket is already in use or you are afraid that you will crimp your wires when you close your glove box door, like I was worried about. I have had this battery for about 7 years now and it is a life saver. We went on vacation last year and while we were flying out to the west coast I realized that I had forgotten to charge my phone and it was close to dead. I pulled the battery out of my small electronics bag, plugged the phone in, turned on the battery and by the time we landed my phone was fully charged again. The only thing I have not been able to use it for is my tablet, which uses 12 volts, not 5 volts, which is what USB puts out. Everything else is chargeable by this little battery. The company that made mine was bought out by New Trent, and they have a 12000 mAH battery now at Amazon for $40. Best investment I have ever made. Also great if your phone is close to dead when hiking. The phone will run off of that battery while charging it.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very convenient pace for it.
My only concern would be if I overfilled the gas tank and gas got on a live 12dc connector.
But I am sure you wired it into the ignition switch circuit so that would never happen. ;)
It has happened to me already, the controller is water proof (not gas proof i know but should resist some of it), and the rubber in there below the gas cap is somehow absorbent, so far haven't had any issues but that was my first concern, to cause a fire.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Though I have the 12 volt socket in the glove box I have come up with a better solution. I have a 5000 mAH portable battery the size of a cell phone that will charge anything that uses a USB connection, including my GPS. I have it tucked in my upper glove/utility box, plugged into my GPS at all times. I just turn it on when I am ready to ride. It can be charged by way of a USB connection itself, so when it gets low I can plug it into my USB adapter in the glove box socket. It is powerful enough to fully recharge an iPhone 5 times. Now there are larger capacity ones out that are about the same size. It is a lithium battery, so it holds the charge forever. You can also plug a small 4 port USB adapter into it and share the power with another device if you need to. This is great on long trips when your glove box socket is already in use or you are afraid that you will crimp your wires when you close your glove box door, like I was worried about. I have had this battery for about 7 years now and it is a life saver. We went on vacation last year and while we were flying out to the west coast I realized that I had forgotten to charge my phone and it was close to dead. I pulled the battery out of my small electronics bag, plugged the phone in, turned on the battery and by the time we landed my phone was fully charged again. The only thing I have not been able to use it for is my tablet, which uses 12 volts, not 5 volts, which is what USB puts out. Everything else is chargeable by this little battery. The company that made mine was bought out by New Trent, and they have a 12000 mAH battery now at Amazon for $40. Best investment I have ever made. Also great if your phone is close to dead when hiking. The phone will run off of that battery while charging it.
indeed, I got PowerGen Mobile Juice Pack 5200mAh last year and works like charm, these things are pretty handy, I actually carry this one in case I run out of battery on any of my SENA intercoms, which have never happened so far, good thing is you can use them while charging. big plus.

·
Registered
302 Posts
It is always better to have it and not have to use it than to not have it when you do need it. I have even used it on friends' and relatives items because they forgot to charge something. My daughters are forever prone to forgetting to charge their phones, and they are grown! You would think they would learn, but I have saved their bacon more times than I can count. One of my daughters has 6 boys who are involved in various sports. She can't be everywhere at the same time so they are suppose to call her when they are ready for her to head their way. Dead phones just don't work! Well, she has forgotten her charger most of the time, and has had to find a friend's phone to call the kids. Hopefully she has finally learned, as only 3 of the boys are still at home now and only 1 is a teenager.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts