Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I decided to give my new Burgnam 650 (300 miles :) ) a clean to remove some of the Kamikaze flys.......
Everything went easily, but I could'nt rotate the front wheel to clean it. I ended up having to roll it 6 feet forwards and clean it in sections. I am a little pushed for space.
Is there an easy way to allow me to rotate the front wheel?
I do have a front paddock stand leftover from my Gixxer, that slots onto the bottom of fork legs. I was thinking about using this to lift the wheel off of the deck?

Any ideas?

Andy

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Hi Andy!

What I do when I am washing the bike is this.
I have a piece of 2x4 wooden block just long enough that it will fit under the bottom of the fork leg when its turned full lock in either direction. Then all I do is reach up and turn the steering so that it is straight. The wheel then moves freely.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
That's one of the nice things about a forum --it can save you a little time,
I would have come up with something as simple ---in a few YEARS .
nice idea :idea:

·
Registered
689 Posts
I just turn it a little at a time while on the center stand, no problem.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
I found that if I lift up on the bodywork under the headlights with one hand it makes it easier to turn the front wheel with the other. You don't have to get the wheel totally off the ground, just relieve some of the weight pressing on it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've got a Lockhart stand that I use. Left over from my CCS days. I also have a swingarm stand, but it's the type that requires "buttons" on the swingarm. Won't work on the 650.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts