Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any ideas on what has to be removed to get at the fuse wiring. My hi-beams do not work in any fashion. I find 4-5 volts at the fuse holder and sometimes 12. I put a fuse back in and nothing. the voltage fluctuates when I wiggle the wires, so I need to get where the wire is terminated. Any help will be appreciated.

'06 Burgman 650

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
Take out the four screws on the corners of the panel and pull it toward you. The fuse panel comes off to allow access to the air filter that is behind it.

You may want to look at the hi/low switch on the left handle bar. There have been reports of the wire going to it coming loose. That could be the source of your problem.

I assume you have checked the bulbs to see that they are not burned out. A quick check is to pull the yellow flash to pass switch and see if they come on.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Removal of the air filter door isn't required. The fuse box is held on by rubber isolators to the air box door, simply grab the fuse box and pull it rearward until it comes off the plastic mounting tabs. The single fuse holder to the right is attached the same way except you pull it down to get if off the mounting tab.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks

I tried all the sugestions from previous questions, to no avail. As I have no hi-beams, I cannot flash them on, lites do not go off when starting. When I remove the fuse and turn on the brites, my meter shows about 3-4 volts sitting there. I can wiggle the wiring and raise the vltage to 12 volts, but it will not stay there. Hence, my need to get behind the block. I willl try the new suggestions. I am very concerned my big hands are going to cause additional problems

Thanks again, will let you know. Bill

1 - 4 of 4 Posts