Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Forum members,

During the disassembly of the engine the ECT sensor was stuck and both wires were pulled out of the connector.
As the connector fits only in one way to the sensor, it is important to know on which position the wires must be fitted into the connector.

The ECT sensor is located on the top of the engine, near the throttle body house. The ECT is gray of color.
The connector that must placed on the ECT sensor is green of color.
There are 2 wires to connect, a black with blue stripe and a black with brown stripe. (see enclosed images)

Unfortunately the workshop manual doesn't give the answer on how to place these 2 wires into the connector.

- Is there somebody who can help me with an image of the connector with the location of the wires?

Thanks in advance for your help

Attachments

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Offhand, I think that if you connect the two wires the wrong way round the temp indicator will show max when you switch on (with a cold engine). If this happens, then simply swop the wires around

·
Registered
735 Posts
Using my 650 K4 as a guide, as you're holding the connector in your photo, the black/blue wire would be in the bottom hole and the black/brown wire in the top.

My educated guess is that it won't make any difference though, the ECT is simply a resistor whose resistance varies with temperature. The direction of current flow shouldn't matter at all and the resistive element should be isloated from the case of the ECT (i.e., no path to ground).

The problem you may have is, when the connector pins pulled out of the connector shell, the retention tabs may have been bent/damaged. If they were, then the shell may not be able to retain the pins securely.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Mike,
Thank you for your reply and the clear picture!
Now I'm sure to make a correct connection.
Best regards from a cold and rainy Netherlands.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts