Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
Starting out many moons ago as a golf course mechanic & then fleet small engine mechanic I did lots of bending down. Didn't have any lifts for those kinds of machines. Well some 40 years later for some reason my knees are hurting me now. :( I found using a rolling cart sure does seem to help. Hope I don't need a knee replacement before I :angel5:

·
Registered
806 Posts
How to check air pressure with a new hip

A few things to consider. The colored valve caps are very inaccurate. You also lose the safety of having a valve and also a safety cap. If you use the colored caps you lose this safety feature. If you want to spend the bucks you can buy a better product to monitor the air pressure. With gravity, dropping down to your knees should be no problem. I suggest going to Home Depot and buying those foam knee cap protectors. If your upper body is strong enough attach a 1/2 inch diameter dacron line to your rafters in your garage. Put knots in it at the appropriate places and you could pull yourself up. I use a quality air gage with a dial. I deliberately over inflate the tire then press the air release button till the air pressure is exactly what I want.
I'm 82 and still riding but have my mechanic check the air whenever I'm in his area. Since I'm a good customer he doesn't mind.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Success in so many ways today

First, thanks to all for your suggestions.

Second, I'm back in riding form again. I went to make a couple of stops and the second one was with a friend who took me to a neat area - I need to map it so I can find it again. It still looks like a bit of country, but the rich folks are building their castles all over the place.

(I had a great first post written but it disappeared.)

Anyway, all I can say is WOW - not only to the ride but to my wife who waited in the garage while I made a couple of test laps around the neighborhood, just to make sure things were going to work out. She is an unbelievably supportive and loving woman - my beloved.

Even if I need an ice bag later, it will be so worth it - the Burgman grin is back! :D

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
:eek:ccasion5::brave::cheers:

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Now I want to hot rod my 400 a bit - put an oversized piston in, give it just a scootch more power.* I did notice that when I hit the power from a stop I could feel either the belt bounce a bit or the sliders suddenly kick out. I just wanted to show off to my friend who had his Harley under him. I'll work on the hip shift when doc says I can. It's been so long since that right hip worked that I've done things differently so it won't be any big deal to wait a bit longer.Now, to Dave_J - wife was really happy that I had a good ride and isn't worried about me going out again. Just got some rainy weather moving in soon so after the home PT guy leaves I may take off. I want to go photograph the houses, etc. I've lived in. This could take a while - they're spread out a bit. Oh just to be back on the highway again - ahhhhhhhh.I still need to head up to McKinnney to try and find the location of the horse farm my dad had in the early/mid 60s. Most of the land has been sold off to developers, but oh to have that property today like it was in the 60s - it would be worth a fortune and a great place to live. * It's not going to happen, but I can dream about it.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.