Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched for how to change transmission oil but could not find this information, could someone please help me out. I want to change my oil this morning.

Thanks

Jay

·
Registered
65 Posts
Changing the tranny fluid is pretty easy. If you want to see a picture and writen instructions as to how to do this go to yahoo groups "Suzuki_Burgman" group. Join if you haven't it's free. Go to files, service manual, then transmission oil at the bottom of the page.
No need to take anything apart other than the drain plug and fill level plug. You can fill the tranny through the fill level plug. Let me know if this helps.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I was able to access it -- thanks dabimf... the pictures there are much clearer than the pictures I have from the service manual downloaded some months ago from cassola.

I find it pretty irritating that the location of the tranny oil service is there. Well not the location, but perhaps its the manual that I find irritating. It does not clearly discuss the step-by-step procedure to access that area, which plastics to remove etc. For dummies like me - I need that :evil:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My first service was successful

Thanks everyone,

My first service was successful. I had all 3 oils changed for $60 plus the price of 1 OEM filter (cost under $ 13 at dealer) and 5 MOTUL (great stuff)(12.2 US oz – SAE 10W-40 with API SF or SG) (3 needed) I wanted some extra oil in case the transmission oil change was messy, it wasn't. The drive train takes Hypoid gear oil SAI # 90 AP GL-5 (10.1 US oz.) The best part was everything was done w/o waiting.

Jay

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just make sure you guys aren't using anything synthetic at your first (600 mile) service. The bike needs a couple thousand miles to break in before switching to synthetic. I'll be using all synthetic fluids once my brother's bike reaches the 4000 mile service. I just did the 600 mile service on it and used Castrol Actevo bike oil in the motor, Suzuki oil in the tranny and Yamalube shaft drive oil in the final.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts