Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not good at searches, can someone post a link on how to add a picture to my profile. Get new scoot Tuesday, want to post.
Thanks

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Click the Profile link above, scroll to the bottom of the page, and you can upload an avatar from your machine. Avatars must be not larger than 160 x 160 pixels, and the file size no more than 8 KB. If you need help resizing the avatar to fit the limits, let me know.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sent you e-mail for help. Maybe I'm not the only one who can't figure this out. :lol: Took delievery today my new 05 650. I'll write that up when I get to work tonight.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Picture of my Blue Burg

This is more of a test also. I new here too. I wonder if my avatar upload worked. Tried converting a picture of my Burgman to the 160x160 pixels. Hope it worked.

If not I will try again.

:)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
looks just like mine. what a great machine. waiting on instructions how to shrink pcs.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Lckdragon said:
looks just like mine. what a great machine. waiting on instructions how to shrink pcs.
If you don't already have it, download Irfanview. Search Google for it and you'll find a place to download it. Once you have it, open up the picture you want to use. You can crop the image, play with the colors, etc.. But when ready to resize, go to "Image", then "Resize/Resample" or press CTRL-R. From there you'll see many options. Just keep in mind what size you want the final image. When you're done, Press "S" to "Save AS", and give it a new file name. You don't want to permantly overwrite your original image file.

Hope that helps.

Dave B.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, I'm at work on graves, will try when I get up tomorrow afternoon.
Can't load programs to work computer. Rules.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I want to change my photo but can not get the size down to 8kb.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
The trick to getting the image to under 8k is to save the image to JPG format and to use compression. Most good graphic editors allow you to set the level of compression.

Here's the steps I normally use using Paint Shop Pro :

• Crop the picture to the portion you want to use[/*:m:262e9qdx]
  • Reduce the number of colors in the palette to reduce image file size[/*:m:262e9qdx]
  • Resize the image dimension to 160x160 pixels (or smaller) [/*:m:262e9qdx]
  • Then save it as a JPG file using compression. I normally make a couple of tests with different compression levels to get the size as small as possible without effecting image quality. [/*:m:262e9qdx]
If anyone wants me to do the image editing for them, I don't mind. Just PM or email me. I'll respond with my direct email address where you can send the image. I don't post my email openly on websites for spammers to snag. I've had my share of spam in the past. ;)

·
Registered
27 Posts
650 SIZE

Being a new owner kelly, what are your thought on th size of the 650??

I'm way out in the country of Western Australia and besides that problem the people in Perth don't have a Burgman for me to test drive, its a suck and see attitude here.. I just don't want a bike that will be to bige for my needs.

As I have said in other posts I have an X9-500 and the size if perfect and come to think of it so is the bike its the quailty of support here in Australia is lacking.

I just can't affford to be without the bike for up to three months as it a work tool.

Suzuki have a good name here for supply

George

·
Registered
689 Posts
Yes that a BIG thanks to Billmeek who also got my photo down to the right size.

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Lckdragon said:
Both great looking machines. :)
The right colour too. 8)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hey Bill,
Please give me the "simpleton's" instructions on how to 1) edit my profile picture, and, 2) How to post a bike for sale in the classifieds. I have been a member for about 7 years and have gotten much help and many ideas from this forum.
C. E. Thompson, gwyndion.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts