Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The specs for the Burgman are given in non-traditional terms (by American standards) - okay, I can live with that.

When I convert 40.5 Kw, I get 54.3 Hp. But I can't find any conversion factor for Nm to Fp... What is the stock torque? 62 Nm @ 5,000 rpm = ? [email protected] 5,000 rpm? (Google was no help)

I remember that there is a somewhat straightforward conversion between torque and Hp, but I'll be darned if I can remember the relationship.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
1 newton meter = 0.737562149 foot pounds

so....62 Nm = 45.728853238 ft/lbs torque

Which is right in line with the few dyno results I've heard of on the 650, 54 hp & 46 ft/lbs, if we could fatten up the air/fuel table in the PCM, we could get that torque figure closer to the HP figure (as if these things aren't torquey enough already).

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I completely zoned on newton meter. I may have become just a little too dependent on google...

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Credit goes to Ugly's Pocket Engineering Manual, I haven't been w/o one in 3 decades. A right handy little book to keep in the pocket.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Or just download this really handy utility and shortcut to it from your desktop - it is neat and free!

Convert

·
Registered
605 Posts
Did you get that right? I thought the 650 was only 40 hp? Thats what I've been telling all my friends and thats what I've been reading in all the mags.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Timothy Ma said:
Did you get that right? I thought the 650 was only 40 hp? Thats what I've been telling all my friends and thats what I've been reading in all the mags.
Crank horsepower and Wheel horsepower are two diffrent things. The Burgie loses a fair amount of HP in the translation between the transmission and the wheel. Most vehicles do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts