Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, lets put it this way, it was my fifth ride and when I thought I was done, I started to head home. I passed the house 4 times before I finally parked it. I could not bring myself to stop and put the Burgie away. The more I learn and get accustomed to this machine, is the more I love it!
If there is anyone on the fence about buying a Burgman, I say BUY IT!! You will not regret it!

·
Registered
373 Posts
How much do I like the 650?
2 Weeks and its going in for its 600 mile service!
That is a record for me, so I must like it :)

Andy

·
Registered
57 Posts
My Burg 650 has become my primary form of transportation. Just approaching 5k miles since the end of Feb. One thing I'm really enjoying is Not cringing at the fuel pump as I fill it up with premium.
It's just too Easy.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Scutour said:
My Burg 650 has become my primary form of transportation. One thing I'm really enjoying is Not cringing at the fuel pump as I fill it up with premium.
It's just too Easy.
Why are you filling it with premium? They run just fine on 87 octane. You could save a few more pennies....

I know it is a high compression engine. The V-Strom is even slightly higher compression. And the old wisdom is that high compression engines require high octane. But fuel injection and onboard computers have changed that. Suzuki has programmed these machines to run sweet on 87 octane fuel. The V-Strom actually runs worse if you put in higher octane gas. Since I owned the VS first, I had already experienced that, so I've never run anything but 87 octane in my Burgman 650.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
the question is does the bike have anymore power with high-test.:?:
Like for going up hill or against the wind

·
Registered
409 Posts
The purpose of higher octane is to slow done combustion of high compression engines for a complete burn and to eliminate knocking which is caused by premature combustion. It does not give more horsepower.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Since new I’ve tried different grades and never favored a certain brand of gas. I don’t believe there has been any or noticeable or significant performance gains. But it definitely seems to me that the sneezing problem (see http://burgmanusa.com/forums/viewtopic. ... t=sneezing) has been minimal since I started using Premium. It’s has not gone away completely, but I definitely notice it a lot less now than when I used lower grades. I’m not worried about “Pennies” when I’ve been saving “Dollars” not driving the expensive sports car I used to always drive prior to burging around that was my point. I’ve always believed that premium means better and why not splurge some pennies while I’m “enjoying my burgman” :?:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts