Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Now that's a man on a mission.. Either that or he is moving a piano.

·
Registered
169 Posts
My recent 1200 mile trip from East Texas to the Texas Hill country riding the 3 Twisted Sisters. Camped in Garner State Park. Duffel bag with clothes under seat. The black bottom bag is an NRS Expedition waterproof dry duffel(top load) with cooking stuff, stove, fuel, coffee pot, cook kit and a little food. The orange bag is a Bill's Bag, an NRS large backpack dry bag with tent, separate dining fly, sleeping bag, sleeping pad and camp chair.

Funny, I got to Garner State Park at 10pm and went to erect tent and discovered I had left the tent poles at home. Ended up putting up the dining fly and sleeping under it. Woke up about 3 am looking straight up into the night sky. One of the ridge poles had fallen over as it lay across my sleeping bag. No big deal as I closed my eyes and went back to sleep.

Attachments

·
Registered
169 Posts
My recent 1200 mile trip from East Texas to the Texas Hill country riding the 3 Twisted Sisters. Camped in Garner State Park. Duffel bag with clothes under seat. The black bottom bag is an NRS Expedition waterproof dry duffel(top load) with cooking stuff, stove, fuel, coffee pot, cook kit and a little food. The orange bag is a Bill's Bag, an NRS large backpack dry bag with tent, separate dining fly, sleeping bag, sleeping pad and camp chair.

Funny, I got to Garner State Park at 10th on first night and went to erect tent and discovered I had left the tent poles at home. Ended up putting up the dining fly and sleeping under it. Woke up about 3 am looking straight up into the night sky. One of the ridge poles had fallen over as it lay across my sleeping bag. No big deal as I closed my eyes and went back to sleep.

The black tunnel bag is not motorcycle specific but is a shoulder bag with strap at a mountaineering type camping store in North Conway, New Hampshire. I liked the mesh water bottle holder on side. I ended up turning bag around so I could more easily pull water bottle with left hand for drink as you go. Carried extra gloves. First Aid kit, air compressor, tire patch kit, a rag, mini oil spout and quart of oil.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
And here is mine set up for a trip down the Natchez Trace. Carrying a 4 man tent, sleeping bag and mat, Kermit chair, stove, food, and clothing. All for comfort camping. Too bad the temps stayed over 100 degrees with high humidity the entire trip. Kind of sucked trying to sleep at night.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Wow, didn't realize the Reflex could carry so much.
If you look it's the Turbo version of the Reflex....Much more carrying capacity!!!!

This is the reason I am setting my bike up to pull a single wheel trailer I built, so I can put the camping gear down low. Pulled the trailer from Hagerman down to South Texas to watch the Texas Mile and back with my V-Strom 1000 and had no problems whatsoever.

Greg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts