Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to jam when you ride? What are some of your favorite riding tunes?

Among my favorites are just about anything by Pink Floyd, Van Halen, Boston, The Motor City Madman (Terrible Ted Nugent), Ozzy Ozborne, Mozart, Beethoven, Handel, & even some Strauss or Wagner sometimes (yeah I know, I have veeerrryyy eclectic tastes in music, just depends on the scenery & my mood!).

Don't be shy, there should be no criticisms on this, each to his own according to his likes & desires, I say!

So sing out! (pun intended :wink: )

·
Registered
848 Posts
I rarely listen to anything. I find that the open road brings out my deepest thought processes and my most creative side. I like to think rather than be entertained.

·
Registered
719 Posts
My Grandfather was a very poor driver. I remember a time, many years ago that he bought a beautiful black Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera Brougham Landau Limited or something. It came with a casette player. When I found out, I told my Grandmother, "I'll make a tape of some classical music for you." Her quick reply, "We will not be having music while driving."

Perhaps it's genetic, but I feel the same way about listening to music on the scooter.

·
Super Moderator
8,074 Posts
Not me, too distracting for the money spent, and I like to ride quiet.

Years ago though, I put speakers IN my bike so we could hear tunes while we were partying out in the woods. Our bikes were too loud to hear anything while we were riding.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
I'm a thinker...

I'm a thinker too...except when I have a song stuck in my head. Then the cages really think I'm nuts singing away to myself. Very off key I might add!

I am going to put Jac Vinson's radio/CD player in so I have the option though. I have an even more eclectic taste than you Wyldman...

I listen to everything from classical and jazz to heavy metal and Christian music! I will listen to EVERYTHING except Rap and the Red Hot Chili Peppers (I'm sure there are others as well...I just don't know them, nor do I want to!) They don't make music like they used to. :?

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
They do so make music just like they used to! I love it all. I have everything on my MP3 'cept for dowdy stuff like christopher cross or ballad junk. I like that stuff too, but it seems too gay to be blaring on my stereo (external speakers) 8) I like driving beats. Driving music. I love late model country music - Toby Kieth, Kenny Chesney, et al. Late model Christian music is hip too - Kings-X, Big Tent revival....I like that stuff because it sounds so cool yet noone knows who it is mosta times! :wink:

Sigh...most my 30 - 50 sumpthin friends are still "stuck" in the 70s and 80s tho. They wouldnt know Nickleback from Stained even if I spelled it out for them....

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Flint, I do like booktapes for long trips. It used to be the only way I could get my son to "read" some of the classics. Fortunately it paid off & he no longer needs to "read" that way!

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I like NPR talk/news shows ( http://www.npr.org ), and am generally listening to 102.5 in the middle of Kansas: http://www.sunny1025.com/ for music.

I come from music teacher parents, and seem to always have a song in my head, or am making up a song with the oridinary phrases I come across each day. It's a bit of a disease.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I had the Sirius Sat radio for my Loop around Lake Erie. More times than not, I was listening to the "old time radio." Gunsmoke, Dragnet, Jack Benny, Phillip Marlow, just to list a few. When the show that they played sucked, I would go to music. I listen to about all of the stations, but my favorite is "The Spectrum" which is past and current "alternative" which really isn't Alternative so much as "not pop."

·
Registered
857 Posts
bechtoea said:
I had the Sirius Sat radio for my Loop around Lake Erie. More times than not, I was listening to the "old time radio." Gunsmoke, Dragnet, Jack Benny, Phillip Marlow, just to list a few.
I used to listen to "Radio Mystery Theater with EG Marshall" when I was a kid...Does Sirius Sat have that show?

·
Registered
806 Posts
They might. The channel is called "Radio Classics" and there is no rhyme or reason to the schedule. They start the show out on the half hour, and the show usually includes the commercials of the day, even if it's cigarrettes or war bonds. The show plays for about 24 minutes. Then they advertise how to buy CD's from the radiospirits.com web site, then they play 40's music until it's time to start another show.

But if you are looking for old time radio, just type "old time radio" into your browser. I bet you can find MP3's of your favorite show online, free for the downloading.

·
Registered
42 Posts
toons on the scoot

MMMM, tunes!

Early The Call, , Steppenwolf, The Chenielle Sisters (out of the U.P. and they are the best acapella I have ever heard - check them out!!) Jimi of course, early anything not crunchy westurd, Minister, The best of: anything from the 70's.

I just found a band from Mexico named Kinky, 1 cd so far. It is mexi music on techno steroids. Really cool!

Tunes are good if you are in the saddle for a long trip, 4 hrs on up. Or anywhere in Nebraska.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Once in a great while I'd listen to oldies radio on cheap earphones on the bike, but in the car I generally listen to books on tape.

Steve

Gear up!

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
ah...SRV is a good thing. 8)

·
Registered
857 Posts
One "blessing in disguise" of riding a burgman. I was rolling along at 90 mph on a 4 lane highway tonight on a hot ride home: On the radio: George Strait - "All my Ex's live in Texas..."

I tried to warble along with ol' George - couldn't tell if I was in tune or not.

That's probably a very good thing.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
While Riding, I haven't yet come up with a solution that will let me hear my music over the cacophony of noise coming from the wind. Assuming I could get around that, I would probably only listen while cruising the open road as I would be too fearful of the distraction from everyday traffic.

But, getting around that, I like Classical music, Rock music (although I lean towards what they now call Classic Rock), but I do have a few songs in my MP3 collection from the 21st century, things I've heard and liked and managed to borrow a CD to copy. My son is a music nut and will listen to anything and presently, I have complete control of the entire collection. :lol:

Joe

1 - 20 of 23 Posts