Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

How many miles do you ride per year on your Burgman

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has been awhile so guess I'll ask How many miles per year do you put on your Burgman?

Let us know what model & year you have also

Mine is a 09 650 Exc.

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
In a normal year I run around 20,000 miles on my two Burgmans combined. This year it's probably going to be closer to 10,000 because of the broken leg that kept me from riding for 6 months. You can see my bikes and the current mileage on them in my signature.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I would put 30-35 thousand on my Concours back when I had a job with vacation days. Recently that dropped to about 22k just commuting. Then I had an accident which kept me driving a cage for a year and a half, but I'll have had my '07 650 for four weeks on Thursday and I've already put 2100 miles on her. Looks like another good year!

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I averaged 12,400 per year with my 07 400. I've only had my 09 650 for 6 months & have put 7,100 miles on it. So looks like I'm at 14k per year for it. :D

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Since this time last year, I have had a BMW R80RT, BMW R1200CLC, a Burgman 400, a Burgman 650 and a V-Star 650. I rode the R1200CLC 200-300 miles, the Burgman 400 4,000 miles, the Burgman 650 3,500 miles and the V-Star 650 1,000 miles. The Burgmans and V-Star replaced the BMWs. The 400 was totaled July 1 when I was hit in the rear. I now have and plan to keep the 650 and the V-Star. I originally planned on keeping only the Burgman 650 but once I sold the BMWs, I immediately had withdrawal pains and bought the little V-Star to Keep the motorcycle feel and still change gears. I couldn't make myself leave motorcycles cold turkey.

·
Administrator
20,116 Posts
Just my commute is 18,000 per year. I do not get much fun riding so maybe another 2 to 3,000 per year. But not much over 21,000 I am betting.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I'm a piker. I average 2-3k per year give or take. Since I don't work I ride mainly to and from the golf course when its nice out - meaning its not going to rain and its at least 45 degrees F outside - with promise of the temp going up and not down. Its 8 miles to and from - with 5 of those miles 60mph. I might take 5-10 'joy' rides per year. I should do more but there's that pesky golfing thingy taking up so much of my time when its warm.

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
What is this commuting thing you guys talk about :)

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Gotta feed the scoot somehow! ;)

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Yea some of us still have to work for a living. Glad I still work, because I want to, not that I have to. ;)

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have not ridden my 13 650 that much yet but my past mileage is around 9k per year. BUT I also have a Vespa 300 GTS which I put about 6500 on each year. Things may change as I am now severed and do not commute 85 miles per day. I hope to join a maxi scooter group so I can do some miles as I do on my Vespa. I have never missed my motorcycles. I think scootin is much more fun. OH and the storage hahaha

·
Registered
198 Posts
I normally average about 30-35,000kms per year. I just got back on the road from my accident and have put 2500kms on my new '13-400 in the last month (between rain storms...)

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
. I hope to join a maxi scooter group so I can do some miles as I do on my Vespa.
I run about 4k commute and 10k fun riding. Hope to do more now that I've got the 650.

TBall, keep an eye out for "LA Area Ride" posts. A few members have expressed interest. Maybe you can join us someday. Actually, I wouldn't mind coming down your way some time. I don't know south Los Angeles very well and would be interested if there is some tasty riding to be done.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I am not going to vote on this, as I have only had mine since June 22 this year -

I have 5300 miles on 'her' so far so I am figuring close to 10K per year.

Lovin' every minute on it!

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am not going to vote on this, as I have only had mine since June 22 this year -

I have 5300 miles on 'her' so far so I am figuring close to 10K per year.

Lovin' every minute on it!
You should vote. You've had yours long enough to come up with a good average per month. 10k sounds about right. ;)

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Over the past 12 months, 6610 miles:

AN400: 3260 mi - around town, with an occasional day ride
AN650: 3350 mi - 2-up multi-day touring, long day rides

In my mind, I thought these were pretty impressive numbers. Clearly I'm the slacker here. :confused:

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Over the past 12 months, 6610 miles:

AN400: 3260 mi - around town, with an occasional day ride
AN650: 3350 mi - 2-up multi-day touring, long day rides

In my mind, I thought these were pretty impressive numbers. Clearly I'm the slacker here. :confused:
Jeff........Us in So. Cal should have no excuse for not putting 10k + with the great weather we have.;)

1 - 20 of 59 Posts