Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Four thousand miles this month, but someone on this forum did 7K in one trip (wow!). Typically I would spread 60 miles a day between my ninja and burgie (think about it: putting my buns on the burger)...learned to change oil in 30 minutes or less. :wink:

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
This month I cut back a little I am down to 350 miles a week.
I do a 30 min. oil change also (with a coffee break) :)

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
I am doing about 15,000 miles annually. December, January, February I get out maybe once or twice - had a lot of snow and some very frigid temps this past Winter. I ride a lot in the Spring and Fall - I prefer riding in cooler weather. Today, it was 97 degrees and very humid - heat index was 105. I avoid riding when it is that hot. During the hot spells, I'll get out in the early morning for a 30 mile ride and come home before it gets too hot. If it cools off some in the early evening, I might go out again for a while - but in July & August, the heat often doesn't subside until after midnight. September through November are my favorite riding months. I have no problem riding when it is in the 30's and 40's with my heated vest & gloves. It's nice. No bugs - no Harleys...

·
Registered
969 Posts
I think it's about 11,000 for the past year. Nearly 1,000/month. But 7,000 of them has been since March. And last November, I began commuting 30 miles each way rather than 1.

Nope. It's not enough. I think I'll go for a ride. 8)

·
Registered
719 Posts
I ride about 11 or 12k a year. I ride in all months, anything above about 35 degrees. This year will be a much higher mileage one for me; bought the scooter June 5th and already have 5.2k on it because of a trip I took. I can tell that I'm going to be on it much more than the other two bikes I've owned, an '01 EX500 and an '02 ZX-6R.

By the way, today is the 13th anual "Ride to Work Day."

http://www.ridetowork.org/

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Well, I've had mine for 42 days, and I have about 2200 miles, so 2200/42*30.4166666666...

Uh, that's about 1593.2539682504761904761904761905 miles per month. :p

Of course in June and July we get a lot of good riding weather here. 8)

In January and February I might average, oh, zero miles. (I have a rain suit, but it's in a bag marked "Open Only In The Event of an Emergency." :D

·
Registered
368 Posts
I didn't ride to work today and didn't really see any more riders that normal. Dis anyone else?

·
Registered
22 Posts
About a thousand miles this month.

On my previous bike (KYMCO P150), about 3000 miles between March and June -- that's (again) 1000 miles each month.

I'll probably ride the Burgman considerably more, seeing that it's a very competent highway tourer, unlike the Lawnmower, er, People 150. <G>

PWB

·
Registered
498 Posts
I typically cover 2300 miles per month between the x11, 650 and Reflex 250. I don't use the highway, and commute 550 miles per month on the Reflex in all weathers.
Sadly, I haven't had a chance to even touch the RC45 let alone ride it recently as work has been demanding of late, and the completion of the garage renovation of my Lotus Europa racer was not as straight-forward as I had envisaged.
I only cover 750 miles per month on the x11 at the moment, which is just as well as with 162bhp at the crank, it eats rear tyres every 1,800 miles (or every 2.5 months)... :shock: The venerable 650's rear tyre lasted a respectable 4000 miles (4 months). Not so hard on the wallet. The Reflex tyre lasted a wallet massaging 9000 miles.

I'm probably going to be buying an Africa Twin in the next couple of months (750cc V-Twin Paris Dakar rally-raid tourer) and hope to get my annual off-road mileage up from the current 0.

Lycheed

1 - 10 of 10 Posts