Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After riding an 08 400 for a period of time I decided to sell it and move up to the 650. I found an 09 with very low miles and am loving it. Now with just over a total of 2,000 miles my question is how long before you suggest the bike is fully broken in? The rear shocks feel stiff (even with setting on 1). Will that get better with more miles? Engine is smooth but does that change with miles, too? It's an incredible machine and maintenance simple. And of course the added bonus of riding in Hawaii ... no freezing cold issues here. No wonder I have the Burgie smile. Aloha!

·
Registered
585 Posts
I'd consider it fully broken in. Ride it like you stole it!

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Suspension has always been a complaint with the Burgmans. Get a backrest and an Airhawk seat pad and call it done, unless you want to modify.

I've only 8k on my 650 and its smooth as silk. From all reports, it will be until it dies. It might get a tad looser, but in a good way.

So enjoy the sun drenched shores and the lovely weather of beautiful Hawaii. As Knucklehead said, Ride it like you stole it!

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
It can certainly be ridden hard and I prefer synthetics for my 650.
I've had two and both got smoother around the 12k miles point.

I also have a 2009. Wonderful machine.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yeah the suspension is on the stiff side, make sure the spring adjustment is at its lowest seting that will help, I belive that Liamjs is right the backrest for me is the ticket, I have not tried the airhawk yet but that will be my next purchase. Sounds like your already haveing fun !

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Me 2005 engine take 6000+ mile for break in, 2009 take long time, about 10,000 -12000 mile for break in.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
gold wing shocks made a tremendous difference. I do suggest looking into alternate shocks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts