Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, it was 65 degrees and sunny. No wind. I had on my full riding gear.
I was cruising on I-95 and decided to see what she would do:

I hit 115 mph at 7600 RPM. I had a Givi aftermarket windshield and Givi top case. I leaned just slightly forward with the windshield all the way up. I never hit redline but the bike felt near to top end. I think tucked all the way down and at redline she may hit 120 mph (indicated).

For those concerned that a top case and aftermarket windshield will affect your ability to exceed 110 mph (indicated) I can dispel those concerns.

I think my bearcat backrest (thanks Brad) which Bearcat just sold me helped with stability over 100 mph as I was able to brace myself against the backrest while holding the handle bars very steady.

I can't ask any more out of a 650 cc scooter than 115 mph. The '13 Bug will easily do 102 mph (actual GPS) with aftermarket gear installed.

·
Registered
50 Posts
i was on the 75 and was passing a couple trucks that were going a little faster than i thought, i looked down at the speedo and was shocked to see that i was going 100. and still had throttle left.
i don't usually do that but was in a hurry to get home, (nature calling) and at my age when that happens you only have a short time to get to a head (i made it!!)

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Sounds about as fast as the older models. I got mine up to a GPS verified 103 mph, indicated would be a touch over 115. There was perhaps a little more in her, but That's as fast as I would ever need to go.

·
Registered
285 Posts
On occasion, A travel trunk can cause a "Speed wobble" on a scooter and I've felt it on one of my Burgman 650's, when approaching 100 mph. There are lots of variables that can play into this scenario---so be careful.
;)
I had a very good friend that was riding his Honda CB400 with me and we were cruising at about 90mph when his bike went into an uncontrollable speed wobble and he was ejected, almost killed and spent a month in the hospital.:confused:

Sam:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts