1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Lol. Only if the pie was free ;)

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I worked at Marie Callendars during college. I don't like pie anymore.

But I rode 80 miles for an enchilada once. Does that count? :D

·
Super Moderator
8,076 Posts
I flew a plane 90 miles for a good cup of coffee, and flew 60 miles to get a Pepsi for a nickel cheaper.

I know it doesn't count, because it wasn't a bike, but I understand :)

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
For a piece of pie? Not at all......

But for a Buttertart..... Rode 300 km (200 miles) return trip just to get the best Buttertarts in Ontario. :D

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
I flew a plane 90 miles for a good cup of coffee...
If you're gonna do that, y'all need to plan a visit to
Gaston's on White River, just below the Bull Shoals Dam,
in NW Arkansas.....got their own grass landing strip.
Sunday buffet has a bunch of regulars that fly in.
Parking can get crowded.
Had my supper there mid-week several years ago.

As for the pie...Waco to Sealy Tx.....176 miles each way.
I've also visited Betty's Pies in Two Harbors, Minnesota,
along the N shore of Lake Superior....a few more miles.

·
Premium Member
14,257 Posts
The Two Wheeled Texans have a monthly Pie Run on the last Saturday of the month. They pick a restaurant somewhere in Texas and everyone meets there to have Pie. Furthest I have ridden for one of those is 203 miles one way.

They also have bonus Pie Run once a year to a destination outside the state. A couple of years ago it was to Pie Town in NM. I did not make that ride. If I had it would have been 765 miles one way. The folks that did make the ride said they were not all that impressed with the pies.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Zero miles for me, since I don't like pie. I love fruit, but find pie crust inedible, plus full of fat!:kermit:

·
Registered
96 Posts
I skip the middleman (pie crust) and go for the gusto: Cans of pie filling from the grocery store! Cherry, apple, and lemon are my faves.

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
Zero miles for me, since I don't like pie. I love fruit, but find pie crust inedible, plus full of fat!:kermit:
I guess that's why I like pumpkin pie the best....
eat the pumpkin filling with all the spices, & skip
the dough. I'll do the same with lemon meringue pie.
Cobbler ??? Dig out the fruit filling & leave the crust.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Funny how so many people have focused on the pie and haven't said a word about the ride itself.
Because the topic is "How far would you ride for a piece of pie?", not "How far would you ride?".

By the way, if you're only eating the filling out of your pie, that only means you haven't ever had a decent one, yet. Pie is defined by it's crust.
I agree. The crust is the best part of any decent pie...or pizza, for that matter.

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Burger or Pie

I ride 420 miles one way about twice a year to have a Al Berger in WVa. And meet my brothers who ride 250 and 480 miles in cars to have the Burger. It's the fun getting there and seeing my brothers for a good reunion that makes it a total joy to go there.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Mmmm Pie... For me it's chili dogs from Tony Pako's (same from TV show MASH) 120 miles 1 way just to turn around and go back home after eating.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
I would almost ride to Julian CA in the fall. Yes I am in lower AL. Julian in the fall is so nice.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Just over 100 miles to Rella's in Hacker Valley, WV without a second thought. She's a great-grandma who runs a diner out of her old trailer 7 days a week and makes great home-cooked meals and fabulous pies!

In fact - This is PIE WEEK AT RELLA'S (Lunches on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday Sept 15/17/19, 2015) Come see why folks ride from PA, OH, VA, MD and farther for pie!

Just Google "Rella's Diner Hacker Valley WV" and you can read about all of our gatherings (as many as 60 riders at a time).

Rella dishing out some of her special pies.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts