Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious which distance everybody is (was) willing to cover to get his/her dreambike.......

from South England to Scotland for example....amazing!

and everybody please forgive if this topic has been treated before :)

My dream was close to 80 miles away and I picked it up and rode home with 28 degrees F....brrrrrrrr!

·
Registered
822 Posts
Burgyboy said:
Just curious which distance everybody is (was) willing to cover to get his/her dreambike.......

from South England to Scotland for example....amazing!

and everybody please forgive if this topic has been treated before :)

My dream was close to 80 miles away and I picked it up and rode home with 28 degrees F....brrrrrrrr!
I have a Suzuki dealer less than a mile from my house BUT... I went 25 miles to buy from another dealer. Here in Los Angeles there's tons of dealers and in that 25 mile radius there were closer places to buy. I simply went where I got the best deal, and I'd have gone 300 miles if it meant getting the best deal.

·
Super Moderator
8,083 Posts
At the time I had a choice of 2 dealers, 25-30 miles away from my house, 1 West, 1 East. I bought a 400 at 1, and a 650 at the other.
Now I have to look elseware. 25-30 miles south I think is a few dealers.
I personally wouldn't go past 50 miles if there was another dealer closer that wasn't try to shaft me. I have always like to stay close to home because if you needed a part or whatever, it is close, I like it handy.
Smaller towns around here, you do know the people.
There are times (for me) a $1 part is worth $30.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Went 'bout 180 miles round trip to pick it up. Made more than a few shopping trips before buying.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I'm thinking about going from Texas to Florida to get one. Not sure of the distance but I know I can make it by lunch time.
Will know as soon as the other bike sells.

·
Registered
355 Posts
From Belleville Nj all the way to Belleville NJ! About a mile. And it was nice and warm out. But I did have to make the trip several times while I decided what to buy.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
For me to jump in my truck and go 1500 miles (one way) to pick up a bike is normal .
But then, I love riding cross country , my favorite breakfast spot is 102 miles and I try to get there
at least 3 times a week.
My BMW dealer is 205 miles, and the nearest Suzuki dealer is 95 . :)

Twice now, I have taken the bus and ridden the bike home. I get some good deals by traveling like that
I don really save any money when you add trip expenses, But I don't enjoy sitting home watching the grass grow anyway. :lol:

·
Registered
822 Posts
Randy said:
For me to jump in my truck and go 1500 miles (one way) to pick up a bike is normal .
But then, I love riding cross country , my favorite breakfast spot is 102 miles and I try to get there
at least 3 times a week.
My BMW dealer is 205 miles, and the nearest Suzuki dealer is 95 . :)

Twice now, I have taken the bus and ridden the bike home. I get some good deals by traveling like that
I don really save any money when you add trip expenses, But I don't enjoy sitting home watching the grass grow anyway. :lol:
WOOWWWOWWW!! You're SuperRider! :salute:

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Didn't go more than 5 feet out to my front door to my driveway as I did the deal by phone and dealer delivered for free, even had paperwork at delivery. :D The Dealer drove about 200 miles though.

·
Registered
925 Posts
I would travel as far as it took to get my Burgman, even across the pond if necessary. I am desperate.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Drove 60 miles one way half ways between San Diego and LA. Rode it home in 80 degree weather (Aug)

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Since I have mine now I can say it was 745 miles to get it and 755 miles back.( e went a different way home once we got back local.) So a total of 1500 miles.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts