Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
A Burgman with curb feelers. Let's ask Suzuki to come out with a Pee Wee Herman Signature Edition and be done with it.

Reactions: Dave_J

·
Administrator
20,647 Posts
A Burgman with curb feelers. Let's ask Suzuki to come out with a Pee Wee Herman Signature Edition and be done with it.
Time to find some strong Cloths Line Pins and a deck of Bicycle Playing cards to put in the front wheel. Then we will sound like a REAL motorcycle. :devil
Playing Card.jpg

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
Yes. Why do they have them on bikes with normal pegs, when the fairings, centre stands and exhaust pipes themselves make noise when they grind against the ground?

Just like we Burgmanriders know that there's no lean left, exactly when there's no lean left.

Who needs a safety valve, when the pressure vessel itself blows up when the pressure is to high.

·
Premium Member
9,436 Posts
Yes. Why do they have them on bikes with normal pegs, when the fairings, centre stands and exhaust pipes themselves make noise when they grind against the ground?
My riding buddy has fairly long peg feelers on his BMW R1200RT, which is a sport-touring type of bike. He has to get the bike leaned pretty far over before those feelers start to grind. And the grinding can be heard and felt, much as the centerstand corners perform the same function (intentionally or not) on our 650s.

Again, to check out that functioning on the Burgmen, if you have time go back to my post #10 in this thread, and look at the video I cited at the end of that post, paying particular attention to the sound and bike movement at the four time-points in the video I mentioned.

It's my understanding that on bikes such as the RT and many others, having the peg feelers start grinding is a much safer notification system than having larger parts -- the fairings and exhaust pipes you mention, for instance -- touch down. If you touch down a significantly large part, you run the risk of levering a wheel or two off the ground at the same time, which is not a good thing. Touching down a part designed to be ground off (e.g., peg feelers) or to fold up (e.g., floorboards on many cruisers) is a far less dramatic warning system.

Reactions: mikeyMarine

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
I was using irony, as a response to the posts ridiculing my suggestion for "curb feelers", which would let us seek out the lean limits in a safe way.

·
Premium Member
9,436 Posts
I was using irony, as a response to the posts ridiculing my suggestion for "curb feelers", which would let us seek out the lean limits in a safe way.
Sorry I missed that. D'oh!

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
21 - 28 of 28 Posts