Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hear something rattling behind my dash on the Burgie 400 and would like to remove the windscreen to see if I can find what is rattling....I see the plastic push pins. What do I do with them ....I haven't dealt with plastic push pins before....thanks for the help.

Jerry H
2005 Burgie 400....What FUN!!! :D

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Jerry I am not at all familiar with these 'new' 400s and I ain't got any pictures to share.

On the old 400 this is really easy -peasy (hence no pics) so I will describe and you can have fun comparing.

Take a good look at the bike from the front aspect and you should see two screws tucked away in the wee fairing that sits above the headlight.

Remove those and now sit on the bike.

Look at the where the edge of this panel meets the dash and you should find a screw each side - remove these.

Now get off the bike and pick that wee panel up that just dropped on the deck!! :lol:

The windscreen is secured by rubber donut washers that get deformed by running a screw throgh them them and compressing them - no secret here unscrew them and the screen will pop off. Careful now don't lose any of those donuts as they can fall out and squirrel themselves away behind the headlamps.

On reassemble (helps to have three hands) - put a dab of dishwashing liquid on the rubbers to ease fitment.

Estimated total time remove and replace 20 mins first time - 10 minutes next time! :)

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Jerry H,
The old 400 sounds a bit different .
First off sitting in the seat if you look at the corners of the shield right near the vents there is a sheet metal screw on each slide. after removing them the plastic covering the bottom of the shield can be removed my carefully pulling from the lowest part, it is held in with snap like fittings that allow it to pop out. you will then see the heads of the screws going through rubber. once you remove one you will see how it works .
By the way before you go to far- it could be the shield is a little loose and tightening the screws may work.
Hope this helps, if you run into a problem let me know :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Estimated total time remove and replace 20 mins first time - 10 minutes next time! :)[/quote]

Will beging project tomorrow morning...thanks for the reply...oh by the way NormanB....I am located in Pahrump Nevada....about 55 miles west of Las Vegas Nevada USA.

Jerry

1 - 4 of 4 Posts