Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As my title suggests, I am interested in purchasing the Givi Airflow AF266 due to more frequent interstate cruising. With the OEM windshield my wife (passenger) complains of buffeting etc. For those of you who have installed the Airflow, are the benefits for the passenger the same as for the driver, i.e. reduce turbulence, buffeting etc.? "Happy wife, happy life...."

Thanks in advance for any input.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Yes, but you would have to raise the upper shield as high up as it can go in order to encapsulate the passenger. W/ the AF266's slide n lock mechanisms, this is a very easy procedure, best performed at rest rather than in motion. :)

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
It's been awhile since my wife rode pillion at speed (since, she got her own bike). As I recall, with the AirFlow, she got clean air. However, that was a problem for her. Even though it didn't buffet, her neck is sorta tender and at freeway speeds she was having to hold the chin of her helmet to take the strain from her neck.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Although my passenger was always in the wind being up that high, she said it got worse when I cut down my Givi 1-1/2". So it must help them a little bit.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have an MRA X-Creen fitted on my Burgman's screen, makes a big positive difference to the wind buffetting effect on the pillion. It is an additional wing (Deflector) it is high quality, easy to fit, very adjustable and robust.

Cheers

WM

1 - 5 of 5 Posts