Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no need to, it's on the center stand. wouldn't be a good idea to use it while off the center stand
馃ぃ In all seriousness, although it appears to be hard plastic, it's probably flexible sheet plastic on foam. But if that were the case it would not holdup well in wind. 馃挩

Registered
2013 Suzuki Burgman 650 ABS
I think it looks like a softer material that will flex to allow her leg to be put down.

But she really needs to do something to keep her face from freezing in the breeze!

On the practical side, I seem to remember there are better options that have been in use for many decades now... Termoscud!

Reactions: MattR

Registered
:)
It really is a thing in China. Neoprene like this or just quilted cloth.

There鈥榮 billions of electric scooters and I think it started with long coats worn backwards - and somebody decided to run with the idea :)

Registered
The key to these cheap chinese advertisements is sometimes key words in their description, despite the picture they show that looks like a portable toilet they use the words "quilt" and "blanket". A lot of those cheap chinese ads are very misleading with their pictures and/or their words.

Registered
The Italians should have put a bullet proof "blanket" like that on one of these that they actually used in WW2:

Registered
+1

French 1956-59, It鈥檚 called a 150 TAP (from 鈥troupes a茅roport茅es鈥 -air mobile forces)

Bikes were for air-born special forces troops; dropped in pairs cushioned with straw, sometimes with trailers and saw combat in Vietnam, North Africa and Sahara desert.

Recoil wasn鈥檛 much of a problem for 2 reasons: the weapon is an M20 75mm recoilless rifle (using perforated shells) and the partner scooter carried a Browning M1917 tripod to mount it on (of WW1 Browning machine gun fame but used backwards).

Registered
ok, I was going by it being a Vespa scooter modified. The report I read said something about being used in Italy but I could be wrong.

Reactions: MattR

Registered
I wonder how it handles in the twisties lol
Hey! It's a Vespa! It DOES NOT HANDLE anything. :LOL:
Given the "roads" that thing had to travel on, it is enough that you can wear your soles sliding your feet in the gravel instead of carrying that cannon on your spine :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts