Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday at the end of work at 4:00 I went to get on my 650. Got my gear on & started the engine. Outside temp was Hi, engine temp was at two bars. This is after sitting for nine hours in the sun. Can you say HoT.:cool::rolleyes:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Yeah, it's hot down that way. My brother lives in Hemet. When we are expecting temps over 90 I bring my helmet into the office so it doesn't bake under the seat. I have ridden home when it was 115. Not fun!

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think my last helmet cheek pads failed because I left it out under the seat. My new Nolan comes into the office. Cheek pads are holding up much better on this one. Might have to do with being inside or because it's a more $$ helmet. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I think my last helmet cheek pads failed because I left it out under the seat. My new Nolan comes into the office. Cheek pads are holding up much better on this one. Might have to do with being inside or because it's a more $$ helmet. :rolleyes:
Probably has something to do with UV light. I have read that UV is bad for helmets and there is plenty of UV on those sunny, hot days.

Doug from Kentucky

·
Registered
753 Posts
It was so hot here the other day that on the way home I saw a fire hydrant trying to flag down a dog.

;)

·
Registered
285 Posts
It's too hot when sweat rolls down your c_ _ _ _ _:)

I moved from Hemet, CA in 1999 after living there since 1986, east of Park Hill. I does get hot there!

It gets hotter in Desert Hot Springs but it's nice when you are in a resort pool!

The winters in both places are neat though:)

Sam:)

·
Registered
926 Posts
My first two weeks in Texas it has been over a 100f everyday, too hot to ride but I can't wait for the temps to go a little lower!

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My first two weeks in Texas it has been over a 100f everyday, too hot to ride but I can't wait for the temps to go a little lower!
If I didn't ride when it was over a 100 that would cut me down to only riding eight months a year. :tongue9: It's those 110+ days that I'm passing on now. ;)

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
When it's costing you more in tires than it is in gas........then it's too hot to ride!

·
Registered
770 Posts
Much as I like riding...there IS something to be said for getting into my Dakota on a 90-degree day, starting the engine, hitting a fan switch, and getting a face full of 40-degree air!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Lots of respect to those who live in hotter climes and still ride their Burgies, I find it way to hot here where it rarely even gets above the mid 80's. I do love the Burgie protection in cold or wet weather though. I just put my Vee-Strom on the road and it is heavenly riding that thing on account of its really poor wind protection! Even though I always wear a mesh jacket on the Burgie with the Givi screen NO wind reaches me when on the same day I will wear my winter jacket on the Vee-Strom and be comfortable.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts