Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am going to take a trip to Yellowstone at the end of August from CO and want to be able to use the heated gloves I already own.

I haven't seen any specifics on the forum about how exactly to go about putting a pigtail on the battery that I can access to attach my gloves.

All suggestions are appreciated. Thanks,

Jackie

·
Registered
426 Posts
Ummm, maybe you might want to ask on the Burgy 400 threads... just in case you posted here by mistake... although have you considered something like a fuse block, do a search for eastern beaver on goog.le or similar....

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Went to the 400 posts and it came up on the active topics list again, so don't think I must have had it in the wrong place. Thanks for the heads up though.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I ran a fused pigtail hooked right from the battery and out under the seat, and let it hang there. It hangs down about 2-3 inches. Handy and invisible while riding, as it is right under "the boys".

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
The principle holds, wherever the battery is located. The gloves will come with a standard pigtail to attach to 12v power. I'd recommend switched power, like you'd get with that Eastern Beaver fuse block, but just wiring it directly to the battery would work too.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
i would get an adapter for the cigaret lighter and run it under the glovebox. I’ve done that with battery tender cables before. I was able to shut and lock the door and everything.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool, thanks for letting me know about being able to close and lock the door, I did see an adaptor online this morning, think I will try it!

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
really depends on the brand of gloves you're looking at, but most of them, will provide a wiring harness that comes with an inline fuse, then it will have a female coax where you will plugin the gloves wire.

here is how i originally ran the wires for the gerbing t5 gloves, now as @lipster says i've ran the wire under the seat in front of the spark plug and comes out just underneath the crown jewels.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts