Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all.
My name is Bryan. I am the owner of this site. Im currently deployed in Iraq. I was astonished at the number of hits on my front page. 5400+ Im assuming its mostly from all of the regulars returning to check messages. How did you find this web site? I tried to redo the front page and now I cant seem to find this page via of the search engines. I might be interrested in having someone more experienced than myself to design me a web page front that would be more successful in the search engines. If you make it in frontpage my wife can upload it from home in Vegas. I may wait till I return in March. I just wanted to get more exposure if needed. Any thoughts or comments???
-Bryan

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
I think this site is great. People from all over the world willing to help and share there experiences with the Burgman and other issues. I always look forward to coming home from work and reading the new posts. I think as well that due to the common interest that I may be able to develop some long distant friendships. One day I'm sure that 1 of my Holiday rides will take me to meet several of the people that post here. I'm looking forward to it.
Thanks to everyone for there help and advice!

·
Registered
27 Posts
many thanks

hey guys, yes, this site is very informative....always look forward to viewing the many msgs.....one thought....I now have over 300 miles on my Burgy....there appears to a vibration or rumbling coming from what I think is the front end....I'll keep you posted on the results....of course, it goes in for the 600 mile checkup in a couple of weeks...also, looking forward to getting Gerbing gloves and vest....after all, if there is no snow, I'm on the go!!
Happy Thanksgiving!!

·
Super Moderator
8,083 Posts
Found Site

Back on Sept 18 I got lucky on Google. and Found this Site. So far I haven't found any better. There are a lot of sites in Europe, but the not in English, so I don't know how good they are. Keep up the good work.

Jim (can't wait till spring)

·
Registered
409 Posts
Bryan:

First and foremost, stay safe. The site is super. It will be even better once more people discover it. I've noticed that some of the yahoo regulars are coming over. If there is any help needed, I'll be glad to volunteer (to the site that is as my days of volunteering for other things are past)

Eddie

·
Registered
793 Posts
Greengoose,

The girls and myself hereby volunteer for website meta tag (google engine) maintenance and enhancement services until your return this spring.

·
Registered
276 Posts
How I found your page

Hi Bryan,
Randal from Peterborough, England. Having limited luck on finding anything much on the 650 in England, I used the Ask Jeeves search engine, international, and among a host of sites, many in foreign languages, it returned yours. I am thoroughly enjoying it, as it has a mature base of users sharing useful experiences.
I have only seen one other 650 and that was in a station car park. However, from your threads, there are 2 users within biking distance of us, so there is the prospect for some ride outs.
Regards
Randal and Gail
AN650

·
Registered
605 Posts
The site is great...

This site is just great. I wandered over to the yahoo groups but I enjoy this site better. The layout is easy to navigate and I like the responses. So far there isn't alot of chatter but that will change with time. Timothy

·
Registered
15 Posts
Great site

Hi Just like to congradulate you on starting this great site. Was looking for information on the burgman after getting interested by way of magazine artical. Have learned alot from this site. Ordered my Burgman yesterday for delivery in April. Hope to see a few of you on the road.

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the compliments! I am returning 30 days earlier from IRAQ. Feb 15th instead of March 20th. Whooo Hooo. One of my plans is to revamp the whole front page and my un started links. The forum will remain unchanged. Im hoping with the newer pages that I will get more exposure. It makes me feel good watching everyone share ideas and comments in an enjoyable manner. I cant wait to get back and see my kids/wife and scooter!
-Bryan
(Somewhere in IRAQ.)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hello Bryan,
I discovered your site thanks to Google while I sought bonds to supplement mine.
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/x9-500/ssiburg/650-links.shtml
It should not be easy to be separated from its family at the time of so difficult conditions and so long time.
You must be impatient to find them at home...
good courage for your mission and very soon.
Pirmil
... eternal beginning in English :wink:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Gentlemen-

Hoping to buy a Burgman 650 this spring. I'v owned a 1989 Kawasaki EX500 and a 1995 Kawasaki Ninja 500 in the past and haven't driven since 1996. But boy have I had bike fever since last summer and I'v been looking at our limited selection of maxi-scooters here in the U.S. for almost a year now. The only reason I'v held off is because I want a red Burgman of which the only colors offered so far here are blue and silver. Then tonight I saw the JPEG of the bright red Burgman surrounded by Japanese hotties. It is now my new screensaver. Any idea if that color is Japan only or an early introduction for 2005? This is such a great board! BTW Greengoose....glad you are coming home soon. God bless all you troops defending our great country. Thank you!!!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Re: How are you finding this site?

Greengoose said:
...How did you find this web site?...
"Turn left at Greenland." 8)

Oh, you didn't mean 'how did I find this web site', you meant, 'how did I find this site.' Well that is different. :wink:

Seriously Bryan, this is a a great board for Burgman owners. I thank you for doing it. The fact that it deals specificially with the scoot I own, yet covers a broad variety of topics on that subject is incredible useful. Originally I became aware of it through someone on the Suzuki_Burgman YahooGroup. However, I have added links to it on my riding group's website and plan on making sure all Burgermeister owners I know are aware of this place. The more minds and experience that participate on the board, the better it will be for all of us.

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks. Its much clearer now.
-B

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Found via Dogpile

Bryan:

I found your site via Dogpile, but it took some doing. I had both dogpiled and googled for information on Burgmans numerous times before and never hit upon your site until today. My keywords in dogpile today were 'suzuki burgman.' I think the trick today was that for a change I skipped the metsearch results and instead hit the refined results for 'scooter'. Such are the vagueries of search engines!

Listen, you take care of yourself and your buddies over there and get home safely. You will be in my prayers.

Best regards,
Chris

·
Registered
92 Posts
How Did I Find

I found your site using Google.

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
A friend of mine found a major problem why my site wasnt being seen by the search engines. Ive corrected it and Im impressed that Im seeing results already. Try diffrent buzz words and see.

I expect many more to join in the near future.
-Bryan

1 - 20 of 25 Posts