Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

How did you find out about Burgmans. ?

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
I had a little putt-putt 50cc which I had outgrown. I was looking at 125cc and 250cc models, but most of my motorcycling friends told me I'd outgrow one of those too quickly, and said that I should get something at least 400cc. I was considering a Honda Majestic, which the Honda dealership would have had to order, when I stopped by the Suzuki dealership and saw they had a Burgman 400 on the floor.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I had a little putt-putt 50cc which I had outgrown. I was looking at 125cc and 250cc models, but most of my motorcycling friends told me I'd outgrow one of those too quickly, and said that I should get something at least 400cc. I was considering a Honda Majestic, which the Honda dealership would have had to order, when I stopped by the Suzuki dealership and saw they had a Burgman 400 on the floor.
What is a Honda Majestic ? Are you referring to a scooter or a dealer ? All I could find with a google search was a dealer named Honda Majestic see link below.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Honda+Majestic&rlz=1C1KMOH_enUS565US566&oq=Honda+Majestic&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

·
Registered
66 Posts
In early spring 2006, I was looking for a bike, and my wife was looking as well and said Hey Darrell ever heard of a Suzuki Burgman? No I said, send me the web site for it, started checking them out, then it referred to the Silver Wing by Honda, and as it turned out I bought a Silver Wing, and I'll tell ya I really enjoyed it. I was going by a Suzuki Dealership one day and I decided just out of curiosity to stop in and check the Burgman out to see what the difference was, long story short my Silver Wing was up for sale that afternoon, I had it on Craigslist seriously 8 Hours and it was sold, and, I went a bought a brand new 06 Burgman 650. Glad I did, and I don't look back, the Silver Wing is nice, but for room, power, ride, 2 up riding, it's just simply the better bike. I am now on my 2nd one.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I'd put over 300k miles on four different Kawasaki Concours machines over 12 years when the last one was totalled. I'd been eyeing the Burgmans for years, but was in the used rather than the new market. The weather was just starting to turn beautiful for riding and when I ran into an '07 650 at a local dealership, I went for it. The fact that I paid too much is my own fault; the fact that the paperwork was so completely hosed that neither my license plate nor my monthly auto-pay worked was theirs. I won't be going back to them, but I sure do love my new Burgman!

·
Registered
199 Posts
What is a Honda Majestic ? Are you referring to a scooter or a dealer ? All I could find with a google search was a dealer named Honda Majestic see link below.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Hon...7&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8
I'm sure he called it either a Majestic or a Majesty. It was a couple of years ago, so I may not remember. In any case, I the Burgman had what I wanted, and had a good rating on all the websites I checked, and was available.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
I saw a couple riding one down the highway and started the search for what kind of scooter could do that. Then did the research and found the right one for me. :D

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
I was looking for a bike on a budget, as I hadn't ridden in a few years, and saw one locally (at the time) in the "Cycle Trader" at a good price, went to see it, bought it............and now I have three!

·
Registered
2013 Burgman 650 who's name is Frankenberg...
1,143 Posts
I had ridden the Honda Helix for about eight years and found I needed something with more power. Tried two or three different scooters and discovered the Burgman 400 fit me perfectly. I bought one in 2011 and love it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Started riding small Briggs Straton 50cc bikes as a kid. Graduated to CZ dirt bikes, which led to Honda street bikes. Rode sport bikes till 2005 (was riding a Yamaha R1) when I was hit and run over on the imfamous L.A. freeways. Ended up with loss of mobility in my ankles, since they are now held together with metal plates and screws. Thought riding two wheelers was over for me:cussing:. Saw a Burgman at a local burger stand (must of been fate), spoke to the owner, and got quite a history lesson. Found this website during my reseach of the bike, and read and read. Went to my local Suzuki dealer, who had a 2007 650 sitting on the showroom floor for far too long. Did some haggling, and ended up riding it home. The bike was new but I got it in 2008 when gas prices in Southern California hit the $4.00 a gallon mark. Got close to 50K on the clock and can't get rid of the grin no matter how bad my day is going :).

·
Registered
198 Posts
I rescued a poor old neglected Majesty from a bad owner and really enjoyed it for 3 days before having it and my body totaled by a driver's training car. The insurance company paid me twice what I had paid for the bike so believing that I would have trouble with a standard bike because of some of my injuries I went out and bought a new 2012 400 with ABS. I have found it to be a very capable bike but because of the comments or snubbing that come mostly the cruiser/Harley crowd not only do you have to have thick skin to own one it also helps to be "confident in your manliness" be a Burgman owner!

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
I first heard about the 650 Executive when a guy on the iPCRC (the Honda Pacific Coast Riders Club) started talking about he was going to buy one back in 2005 or 2006 (they had just been announced for a 2006 model year release). He did buy it and sold his Pacific Coast.
Another iPCRC member here. Had an '89, added a BMW R100RS to have something a bit faster and less refined -- then a friend wrecked my PC800. The BMW was sufficiently less refined that I realized I still needed something more like the PC -- and at the time the Burgman 650 was the closest thing to it.

Unless they put the CTX700 powertrain inside an updated PC800 body, it'll probably stay that way.

(ETA: The Deauville might have been more similar mechanically, but the Burgman is much more in the spirit of the PC.)

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
It's no wonder I wound up with Burgmans. Back in '95 I came really close to buying a pacific coast, but opted for the ST1100 when one with only 300 miles on the clock came up for sale. I liked it well enough and am glad I had The full liter bike experience, but I never felt truly comfortable in the thing. Too sporty I guess. I much prefer the maxi scooter "slouch", feet up, leaned back. :cool:

·
Registered
13 Posts
wanted tourer

I first read about the Burgy when I bought The Motorcycle Touring Bible,By Fred Rau this book is loaded with great info and has high praise for the new Maxi Scooters, including the Burgman . It also says that these are generally ridden by riders of a certain age, which means me and sounds like there are many others in the same happy boat.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My Burger's great

Evening All

I had wanted to pass my full bike licence for years and finally managed it in my 43rd year. The thought of tucking in, leaning low and going like stink really appealed. So, I past my test and enyoyed a variety of revy 600's for about a year, but there was something missing from my motorcycling expeirence so far. Comfort!! So I happened to pop into my local dealer in Burton on Trent and spotted a blue 650 Burgman, took it for a ride and loved it. Comfort and power at last. Marvelous! :)

It seems that here in the UK your not a proper biker if you don't have gears and a clutch and a bad back after half an hour in the saddle. To be honest, I don't care. The sooner bikers swallow their pride, bite the bullet and have a proper test ride on a Maxi Scooter the better. Maybe we can then have popular Burgman forum in the UK too.

Cheers, Ed

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
It seems that here in the UK your not a proper biker if you don't have gears and a clutch and a bad back after half an hour in the saddle. To be honest, I don't care. The sooner bikers swallow their pride, bite the bullet and have a proper test ride on a Maxi Scooter the better. Maybe we can then have popular Burgman forum in the UK too.

Cheers, Ed
You Brits are welcome here on BurgmanUSA. Personally I enjoy the flavor you all bring to the forum.

Namaste'
Doug from Kentucky

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
but there was something missing from my motorcycling expeirence so far. Comfort!!
Cheers, Ed
I make a particular point to stretch out, feet up, leaned back into the raised backrest, the most comfortable rider in the world slouch, when a sport biker passes me by. Well for that matter whenever another motorcyclist is around.

They maybe faster, maybe, but dang if I don't feel better when we get there.:cool:

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
You Brits are welcome here on BurgmanUSA. Personally I enjoy the flavor you all bring to the forum.
+1 Doug. I really love the viewpoint brought by all those outside the US. I'm kinda thinking we should remove the USA from the forum name; this is one of the most international forums I've ever joined.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Think about a mid-life crisis at 39 few years ago.

The Honda 250cc from one of my father's buddy, back in the mid 80's, was my first love.

started by looking at mopped, but a 80cc was needed if I wanted to ride it to work on the highway ( speed limit at 50 mph ). Yamaha, Honda were ok, until I saw the Suzuki Burgman. Wow, nice looking machine. The 400 was up to the task but the 650 was the pinnacle.

Found this website well before buying my scooter. Was looking for a new 400 with ABS but on a twist of faith because of lack of availability, I found on this website, a one year old K8 AN650a for the price of a new 400 with ABS for sell, 5 miles from my home.

No regrets for choosing the 650.

Love at every moment

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
I guess the best answer would be No matter how I found out about Burgmans, I'm sure glad I did. :D

·
Registered
51 Posts
I started out with a cheap 4 hp. mini bike at 10 years old then 2 years later got a much better mini bike with better suspension.

A few years later my older brother convinced me to trade it to his friend for a old lambretta 250 that was not running and we never did get it running, my dad later gave it to a friend of his that needed a parts bike. looking back that was a raw deal.

when I was 14 I got a older Honda 200 street bike from there I had a few endures then at 18 years old I traded a 1975 grand prix for a 1979 Honda 750 super sport. That was my first fast motorcycle

Then about 9 years ago I bought a 1997 Honda Valkyrie. I had always wanted one when I first saw them. I sold that bike 2 years ago and was without a bike for 6 months. started to get the urge to ride soon after and Bought a 2012 burg 650. decided on the burgman after some dealer shopping and online research some of research was on Burgman usa .com. very happy the the bike. ;)

21 - 40 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.