Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I am looking to get a at I topcase for the 650 and Suzuki only recommend the 47ltr and yet the givi base plate will accept the E55 Monokey. Anyone used and/or had any riding issues with the size of topcase. Any thoughts appreciated.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Me Maxia 52 is now on it third bike, unfortunately the Maxia 55 was not around then, only on market 3 year or so, the 52 litre was largest available then, if were to purchase again tomorrow would purchase the 55.

They cost more money because made of polypropylene and not inexpensive ABS like the many Chinese brand.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
I have a Givi Tech Series Maxia 55 litre with admore lighting kit, I works great and don't sense any difference in handling of the bike.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Get the Big one -- mine is 52 - i would have got the 55 if available

But heed the weight limits ith what ever you get
heavy stuff under the seat

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have the 40L garage pro case. Quality is very good, except the back rest is made of hard plastic. It will not fit two full-face helmets.
If you are looking into something smaller than what the others have mentioned you should check it out. Available at 1/2 the $ than a givi.($40 w/free ship after 10% off-Use promo code SW3SALE)

http://www.jcwhitney.com/motorcycle-travel-trunks/p2010969.jcwx

Also if you are looking into additional rear brake lights. Search goOgle for a demostation video.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi all I am looking to get a at I topcase for the 650 and Suzuki only recommend the 47ltr and yet the givi base plate will accept the E55 Monokey. Anyone used and/or had any riding issues with the size of topcase. Any thoughts appreciated.
I'm happy with my GIVI E450 SIMPLY Monolock Top Case. Gloss silver lid insert. I know givi is on the spendy side. But what the heck.

·
Registered
104 Posts
GIVI V46 here and no complaints ;) ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
They cost more money because made of polypropylene and not inexpensive ABS like the many Chinese brand.
:eek: ABS is one of the best inventions ever. Most bikes, cars , vacuum cleaners, radios, TV's etc use it. It can be moulded, scewed, drilled, tapped etc. Wonderful stuff! :cool:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi all thanks for the replies. I spoke with Givi this morning and now I will be ordering SR3104 rack and E55 Monokey topcase.

·
Registered
426 Posts
It might depend on the year of the Burgy650. Seems that the newer L3 and L4 models are being provided with Givi Monolock luggage racks either Givi or the OEM. The E47 Givi box fits this rack if my understanding is correct, meanwhile the E55 box fits a Givi Monokey luggage rack. The two are not interchangeable as far as I'm aware. Meaning either the Monolock or Monokey base plate is exclusive to the applicable Monokey or Monolock box.

I'm a little in the same boat as I bought a new AN650L4 while in NZ, and the dealer, as part of the deal agreed to supply a luggage rack, but it had to be ordered from the Suzuki distributor so was not supplied the day I paid for my scoot. Unfortunately I had to fly out overseas back to my work contract a few days later, and unfortunately the heated grips and luggage rack arrived at my families home after my departure, and I'll have to fit these items myself in October on my next trip back.

By all accounts according to emails send via the salesman the luggage rack is a Monolock. I could get any number of boxes here in Asia since many different brands are made in these parts but unsure if any would be compatible with a Monolock rack?

I can pick up a SHAD48 for really good price here in Asia, and having a look at the SHAD website though, doesn't shed any light in terms of compatibility with the Monolock rack etc. The SHAD website http://www.shad.es/en/shad-asia/products/fittings/suzuki/burgman-650-executive/2013/c12mar4mod187mot3033/ lists the SHAD rack as being applicable to models K4 through to L3 which I'm not sure is correct as I was under the impression rightly or wrongly that the racks on the models K3-L2 are not interchangeable with the L3+ because of the altered styling having an impact on the mounting points on the rear end ;)

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Was told previous GIVI product such as Maxia 52 & 55 do fit via a adaptor plate it bolt on to.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Monolock and Monokey have different mounting plates however the mounting bracket that bolts to Burgie is the same for both.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
The Suzuki trunk mounts in the US and Canada are "MonoKey".

It might depend on the year of the Burgy650. Seems that the newer L3 and L4 models are being provided with Givi Monolock luggage racks either Givi or the OEM. The E47 Givi box fits this rack if my understanding is correct, meanwhile the E55 box fits a Givi Monokey luggage rack. The two are not interchangeable as far as I'm aware. Meaning either the Monolock or Monokey base plate is exclusive to the applicable Monokey or Monolock box.

I'm a little in the same boat as I bought a new AN650L4 while in NZ, and the dealer, as part of the deal agreed to supply a luggage rack, but it had to be ordered from the Suzuki distributor so was not supplied the day I paid for my scoot. Unfortunately I had to fly out overseas back to my work contract a few days later, and unfortunately the heated grips and luggage rack arrived at my families home after my departure, and I'll have to fit these items myself in October on my next trip back.

By all accounts according to emails send via the salesman the luggage rack is a Monolock. I could get any number of boxes here in Asia since many different brands are made in these parts but unsure if any would be compatible with a Monolock rack?

I can pick up a SHAD48 for really good price here in Asia, and having a look at the SHAD website though, doesn't shed any light in terms of compatibility with the Monolock rack etc. The SHAD website http://www.shad.es/en/shad-asia/products/fittings/suzuki/burgman-650-executive/2013/c12mar4mod187mot3033/ lists the SHAD rack as being applicable to models K4 through to L3 which I'm not sure is correct as I was under the impression rightly or wrongly that the racks on the models K3-L2 are not interchangeable with the L3+ because of the altered styling having an impact on the mounting points on the rear end ;)

·
Registered
175 Posts
I installed a Givi E55 case on my Burg. It's a very nice big case that will hold two full face helmets no problem. Came with remote opening, brake lights and it uses the Givi Monokey system. The case is very solid on the Suzuki base plate but there is a little flex with the base plate itself. The Suzuki base plate is just a flat sheet of aluminum about 3/16th of and inch thick that has large slots cut out of it. This would make for a very stiff base but because 2/3rds of the plate hangs off the back of the bike and has no support at all, it's going to flex a bit. Not the best of designs if you want a rigid base.

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
I have a E55 Maxim Givi Case. It works well and no differences in handliing.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts